2018 Weather around the world

Daimona

We had the first winter storm of the season two weeks ago. Rather cold and snowing.
Today, on the other hand, we got a feeling of spring and summer, and even the grass it getting greener again.
Media reports the warmest autumn in many years and temperature right now where I live is 21C (!). Quite unusual for October...

So from an unusual hot and dry summer with sinking water reservoirs (and some weather statistics saying we needed 80 days of rain to fill them up again), to unusually cold fall (late August and September), early winter (late September), back to fall and heay rain filling up the water reservoirs (they're now so full they are spilling!) to spring/summer in October.
Who knows what the next season will be...

Ariadne

It went cold and rainy this last week here too. The random rain when you never know when it's going to come down. I went out without an umbrella once because it wasn't raining and then was stuck waiting in a store for the sheets of rain coming down to let up enough to get in the car. Usually it doesn't get this cold here till the end of October. The weather is seriously random right now.

And 2 hours south in Las Vegas it has been humid and hot during the Renaissance Faire this last weekend. I kept pushing everyone to remember to drink enough water. The last thing we needed was someone dropping from heat exhaustion or sun stroke.

Ariadne

I was woken this morning by a rainstorm and thunder directly overhead. Shook the whole house. Does anyone else have problems with their joints when it's stormy? As much as I love the rain major barometric shifts are a literal pain.

Shanazel

My joints are better at predicting a change in weather than the US Weather Service; I usually know about three days ahead of time. Changes in the barometer also give me headaches. Sometimes I feel depressed and lethargic along with the headache then along comes the wind out of the northeast and it's like someone lifts a boulder off my head and shoulders as the leading edge of the front passes over.

We've had beautiful Indian Summer here for several days. Hope it holds out for a few weeks before winter sets in. I am not feeling enthusiastic about scraping ice and snow off my car every morning.

Daimona

Winter seems to arrive, not with a terrible blizzard, but keeping cold and painting all leaves and twigs with frosted rims glittering in the sun.