Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of heat which is why I've lived a mile above sea level for forty years and not on the Gulf of Mexico coast. Saying which, I had my fortieth anniversary of arriving in Wyoming over Memorial Day. Best move I ever made.

Reading over posts above: I found a great pair of lightweight waterproof camouflage hiking boots on sale at Sportsman's Wearhouse before I left for Scotland. Best hikers I've ever had.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome Shanazel. Sounds like you had a great vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Wow, I'll bet you really did feel like you were hanging on the hinges of hell, Daimona!

How one regards temperatures based on one's location is so interesting. My brother in south Texas would consider 30 C a cooling trend. I consider it hot- not excessively so but a few more degrees and I'm ready to head for the shade, ice tea and a good book in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimona View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you are used to. The highest temperatures I've ever experienced in Norway is 36C (i.e. in July/August, not May!). I usually head for the shadows when in passes 27C.
    Today it has been the lower end of the twenties. A simply wonderful spring, yes.
    I have to agree with Shanazel it is interesting the differences where you live make. I also have to agree with her brother 30C/86F is a cooling trend. To me lower twenties C sounds potentially chilly and we passed up 36C/96.8F in the middle of May. I keep my home between 23-25 C/74-78 F and at the lower range I'm putting socks on to stay warm. It is a lovely temperature outside for spring though, to bad it passes so quickly here.

Here today it's sunny with a high of 37.7C/100F and a low tonight of 21.6C/71F.

Post Thanks / Like

Crept into the upper eighties today- plenty hot for me. Clouds came in later afternoon along with a breeze to cool things off. My son, grandson, and I went up into the mountains yesterday where it was a good ten or fifteen degrees cooler.

I got going early this morning and got my potted hostas and lily of the valley planted in the ground. Each evening, I've been pruning deadwood and dead flowers out of the lilacs. Hmm. Looks like some of them have been a tad neglected the last few years.

The roses have all got buds of varying stages of development. Need to shear back the snow in summer to encourage it to bunch up and not take over the world. Ditto the Virginia creeper. Tomorrow afternoon I'm transplanting lavender to the upper tier. The moss rose can take over the old lavender bed, as it is bound to do eventually, with or without my permission. The plum trees are loaded with baby fruit. We might even get a few apples this year.

Ah, June.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

From unusual warm weather in May to unusual cold in June. Today: 5C, heavy winds and rain showers.
    --
    Daim.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234