Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you on this. Raks Sharki is on the downslide right now. In fact, at one well known Middle Eastern restaurant/club, they are now featuring CIRCUS performers. Waving a fan in front of my face so I don't pass out.

Post Thanks / Like

Circus performers? Bonfire, honey, you might be better off just allowing yourself to pass out.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

My initial reaction to this is "NOOOOOO!" but I do understand if you choose to close it.

Seconding Shanazel to check out possibilities to archive it if it gets that far...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Well, I'm still here so my pro-forum sentiments are pretty obvious but the decision is ultimately yours, Salome. That's a pretty good handful of change to keep it going.

My two cents worth: OD's forum is a repository of experience, history, technique, styles, and tips that has no parallel online. Once it is gone, so is a decade and a half of information, much of it from dancers who became dancers before "belly dance" became an umbrella term for everything from swinging one's hips to rap to waving giant wings about a la Loie Fuller. If you do decide to close 'er down, I hope you can archive the files somehow in the interests of future researchers and dancers.
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

This site has been an invaluable source of knowledge, encouragement and inspiration for me over the years. It was through reading a post on here a long time ago (coincidentally referring to me) that helped me realise that my presence within the bellydance community was noticed and appreciated, which in turn helped me to keep dancing when my resolve faltered.

It would be a great shame to think that this forum would cease to be active, and that the wealth of experience and knowledge expressed throughout its threads and posts would no longer be available.

But Salome, it is your decision over what to do with the site. Your post suggests that in your heart you still see some value in spending time and money on this forum, but that the maths in your head tell you that maybe it’s time to cut your losses and bow out gracefully. I hope that your heart wins out for at least another year, and that this site continues. But how can we help to make the finances pan-out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12