Post Thanks / Like

Default Current costume fashions

It's been a while since I've performed, unsure what current fashions are, or where to look.

Looked at Dahlal International, bellydancestore.com, and Bella. (Meh...shoulder shrug.) Pinterest had a couple lovelies.

Prefer a vintage look (add large stones for reflection). Are there costume sites I haven't mentioned (with good credentials)?

Thank you,
    S
    Last edited by Suzanne Azhaar; 01-28-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

You've named the big three. The only other two I'm familiar with is Turquoise International and Sharif Wear. I've never purchased from either. If you don't mind providing your own shinys there's also L. Rose Designs. There used to be a lot of little nice shops but with the fad wearing off most of them have dried up.

For figuring out what is current though I tend to just go see with the big name dancers are wearing. Sarah Skinner always has interesting ones she makes herself (http://shakemyday.com/site/dancer/costumes/) and Michelle Joyce currently, I think, is wearing custom Bella's. The question is what dancers are your favorites? My favorite is Ruby Beh and it looks like she... yep, Bella's.

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby looks beautiful in Bella. Had forgotten about Sarah Skinner. Love her unique designs / costumes. They fit her personality so well. Her Bi-metal coin costume is dreamy.

Post Thanks / Like

I think OD's own Raya is a genius designer:

http://bellydanceforums.net/threads/...330#post239330
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."