Post Thanks / Like

Default Before the Golden Age

Any silent film fans out there? Dance fantasy from 1927.

"Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I watched that whole film,Metropolis, many years ago on the Scifi Channel. The evil robot double of Maria does that sexy dance in human form.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the film about 1978. My roommate was taking a classic film class and invited me along for this particular session. After I saw this dance clip yesterday, I went online and ordered a copy of the version that was discovered in South America a number of years ago. Hope it is a decent reproduction.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Well that was... unique. Now I regret not watching Metropolis a few years ago when I had the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the dvd in the mail right before I left on vacation. C'mon by, y'all. I'll make popcorn. Warning: I usually flambé the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

More "Before the Golden Age" -- Loie Fuller:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoUCnsqqvM

Post Thanks / Like

And *THAT* performance was at least twice as long as it needed to be - wings are hard to keep interesting. Sabiba and Ayshe are among the few who can...

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt people are tired of hearing me say I don't care for wings but it wasn't just the wings that made Loie Fuller remarkable. Her package of lights, illusion, and movement was groundbreaking in that era. This clip explains a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of innovation, this is one of Isadora Duncan's dancers. I've only seen one clip of Isadora herself; it was, alas, so streaky and jerky as to be useless.

Post Thanks / Like

This is NOT belly dance, NOT wings, but I started the darn thread and want to share something I came across while tooling through pertinent performances. This smile is on me.