Back on line!

Shanazel

Don't quote me because I usually get technical stuff confused but I think Salome said the site was given a new address or IPA or UPS or some such thing that didn't translate properly.

Clear as mud, hmm?

Shanazel

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well, Ariadne. Hope you are back on your feet and the illness is now just a blip on your memory screen.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Don't quote me because I usually get technical stuff confused but I think Salome said the site was given a new address or IPA or UPS or some such thing that didn't translate properly.

Clear as mud, hmm?

Possibly a new IP address coupled with a mixup with the nameservers... That's my guess based on your comment.

Shanazel

You're so smart, Zorba. I went back to FB and found her original post:
To anyone who frequents my sites: my hosting provider thought it would be fun to assign my server a new IP address. Nothing is working out as a result. The forum is still down, Orientaldancer.net will only load the home page and I can't access my cpanel to do anything. So frustrating. Have a ticket in and someday we may be up again.

Ariadne

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well, Ariadne. Hope you are back on your feet and the illness is now just a blip on your memory screen.
Just the usual. Spring is always bad with seasonal allergies setting off my other stuff. I'm starting to feel human again now that the pollen has died down.

prince ali baba

I Was About To Private Message You

Possibly a new IP address coupled with a mixup with the nameservers... That's my guess based on your comment.
Hey Zorba,
I was about to private message you on your website to see if this website was gone for good or what happened to it. However I see it's back up now.
I hope all is well with you and everyone else here now that this website is back up?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
The new IP address shouldn't have caused the problem - but if the nameservers were farkled as well, that would explain it.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Oh, please... I can, and have, written Christiansen protocol drivers, but anything newer than that (ca 1978) starts looking like magic to me. I took a basic networking class a few years ago - it amazes me that the Internet works at all!