Good-bye, costume collection

Shanazel

It has been over a year since I retired and I'm ready to start letting go of the trappings of my former profession. The friend and student who took over the class when I retired expressed an interest in buying the whole kit and caboodle so I've begun to gather bits and pieces from all over the house into a box. Um, time to find another box or three. I had no idea I had so much BD related stuff: costumes, veils, assayas, CDs, DVDs, zils, jewelry, make up. By the time I'm done emptying drawers, closets, and a cedar chest of this stuff, I'll have room in places I didn't even know I had places. Been looking at my collection of costume coins, beads, and trims and wondering whether to put them into the lot as well. I think maybe not since I make other things that can be decorated with these things... though some of those coins I've had for thirty years and never used. :lol:

Maybe I'm really retired this time, hmm?

Daimona

:lol: Congratulations (or something).

I started to go through some of my stash earlier this year. My local dance club had a hafla with a bazaar and I brought some of this stuff things I yet haven't used and I know I'll never use. Got rid of a lot, but still plenty left both unused and gently used stuff.

Shanazel

It's amazing how it piles up over the years. Some of it slinks off to find hidey holes in the oddest places: found a set of zils in a tackle box. No idea; don't even ask.

Daimona

Yeah... I've hidden most of my costumes in boxes under my bed - and in the closet in my sewing room - and in the basement... :D and these are just the things I remember...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
The sooner you get rid of all of them, the sooner you can come out of retirement!

Shanazel

Guess it is sorta like giving away maternity clothes. I'll keep my khaleeji dress just to ward off future returns to teaching.

Forgive the double frames. The program never wants to allow me to edit my posts.

Suzanne Azhaar

May I make a suggestion? Pick out your six favorite outfits with accessories. Set them aside for a future someone you would like to have the items. The rest, sell or give away. Then live happily ever after.

Shanazel

Fixed it for you! :lol:

Zorba, behave yourself.

That's a good idea, Suzanne, but all my costumes and paraphernalia are going to a friend who took over my classes. That's the best home they could possibly have. I do have some coins reserved for someone else who wants them. ;)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Zorba, behave yourself.
Why would I start now? :lol:
That's a good idea, Suzanne, but all my costumes and paraphernalia are going to a friend who took over my classes. That's the best home they could possibly have. I do have some coins reserved for someone else who wants them. ;)
Excellent. Then you'll be able to borrow them back whenever you need them!!!!

Shanazel

Busted. :cool:

Well, I could hardly pass them on to the gal who took over the spring classes- I'd make one and a half of her. :lol:

Shanazel

Well, I did teach an hour and a half community college class on Middle Eastern Dance in the spring...