Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

High heeled shoes are implements of torture designed by Satan. No wonder she panicked while wearing them.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

lol! She loves them.

But, as I've learned from experience, high heels make controlling the pedal speed exponentially more difficult. I hadn't realized what she was wearing or I would have done it sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good for about 3 inches of heel - for short periods, although I did manage to wear them all day at work one time.

A dance sister of mine wears sixes - EVERY DAY! She must have calves of STEEL!

Post Thanks / Like

This from the man who won't wear a light sash around his neck...
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Don't like tight stuff on my neck or wrists. Not to mention the heat index of a "light sash" around the neck!

Even my "violates all the rules" "Elegant Gothic Brolita" outfit is loose around the neck, although it does clamp the wrists, and of course cinches my waist. And we won't talk about the multiple layers of HOT black satin - I try to be within running distance of a fainting couch at all times!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Arkansas. I don't like tight stuff on my feet.

Post Thanks / Like

My late mother, also from the South, said shoes (of any kind) were "barbaric, and inventions of the devil!". I'm inclined to agree with her, as I dance barefoot as much as possible!

Post Thanks / Like

Your mama knew stuff.

Once met a woman who said she always bought the smallest shoes she could fit on her feet because she didn't like her feet to look big. (Ahem. I wear a ten. She wore about a 6.) Now thirty years later, I wonder if she can still walk. (Ahem. I can.)

Post Thanks / Like

Well sewing class is still ongoing though with various flues and other health issues they've been scattered and broken up. One of the girls has finished her sleeping mask. I forgot to get a picture, once I do I'll post it here.

We're moving on to spats as each one finishes their masks. The kids are doing a 30's gangster theme for all their costumes this Halloween so the spats will be something they can use. We're using the instructions from this video:

They're having fun at least.

Post Thanks / Like

No video available, alas. I had been wondering how the class was going. Spat making! Now there is a project you don't hear about every day. Love it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast