Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

A good part of the logic (if logic it is) behind presenting belly dance/burlesque fusion seems related to a desire to NOT look like a prude. "I'm so cool with my sexuality that I bring it into everything I do." When I learned to dance on the Ark with Ms. Noah, we were sternly told, "Sensual, not sexual," meaning "shimmy by all means but don't stick your boobs in someone's face (literally or figuratively) while doing it." I laughed out loud when I expressed this viewpoint on this site many years ago and was accused by a young woman of being sexually repressed and hypocritical to boot.
    Last edited by Shanazel; 09-01-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: change of to by
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    A good part of the logic (if logic it is) behind presenting belly dance/burlesque fusion seems related to a desire to NOT look like a prude. "I'm so cool with my sexuality that I bring it into everything I do." When I learned to dance on the Ark with Ms. Noah, we were sternly told, "Sensual, not sexual," meaning "shimmy by all means but don't stick your boobs in someone's face (literally or figuratively) while doing it." I laughed out loud when I expressed this viewpoint on this site many years ago and was accused of a young woman of being sexually repressed and hypocritical to boot.
    Oh for crying out loud! Stoopid is as stooped does.

Post Thanks / Like

So, not much has changed since 1970?

Don't know why he disabled comments. I was just a kid when I saw this episode. Strippers wear G-strings. Not belly dancers!

I hope you are well, Shan. Sorry it's been a while since I dropped in. Very busy with numerous things. Takes too long to explain.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Erik! How nice to see you wander around here again. Alas, I don't see anything of the video (I think it must be a video) you posted except a big, black rectangle.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

You can't see the video? Well, you're not missing much.

If it's all right I'd like to send you a PM a little later on so we can catch up on some things.

Post Thanks / Like

Always happy to hear from you, Erik. PM away.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote to you thrice on the PM, Shanazel, and the website kept giving me bullcrap. I kept the messages short, but the first two timed out before I could send them, and the third one said something about exceeding my quota. Maybe later.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see if I can PM you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12