Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dance Mentor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleD View Post
    It is more about how others have reacted, than about me getting upset, but thanks for your concern. I'm more concerned about any students on the receiving end of this strange behaviour, but yes, of course people want to get as much info as they can before they pay somebody

This is why I offered help for free.
    Hi Michelle, I'm a little confused with your last post.. unless I'm reading you wrong, you actually offered in the first consultation free with the implication that future consultations required payment? Could you please clarify for any others that may also be confused like me?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleD View Post
    Hi Everyone..

For those of you that don't already know me, I'm Michelle and I am posting this thread up to let you all know that I am now helping dancers by using video analysis software, which enables me to do this long distance. The first consultation is for free, so if anybody would like to find out any more about this feel free to email or private message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Michelle, I'm afraid the marketing seminars you have visited are not helpful for you in this case. You cannot sell us here in this forum your product. It is like some non-native speaker of English, who have never visited an English-speaking country and has studied English only through books and tapes, is offering language coaching and style correction to native speakers of English. Sorry, but the whole thing you are offering is just absurd

Post Thanks / Like

Default dance mentor

Hi Michelle,please dont take it all wrong ...most people in this forum are serieus about this ,,art,, and there are so many people already they think are ,,mentors,, it just is becoming to much ...when a person is realy busy with this art form longer than 15 to 20 years than you can say ok i can take that serieus, we just dont know you and your experiance and it,s logic that we say ,,thank you but??? and it is correct how can you correct and teach something that you dont know enough about??Dont be upset we just love this art a lot and we like to protect what we still have and try to keep it good...have a nice day ,regards Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an idea for you. Why don't you teach dancers to use the software instead of "mentoring" bellydance? I personally would find it useful to be able to sit down and go over my own performances, and I'm sure that there are teachers that would want to use this tool with their students.
    Last edited by Ariella; 03-02-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: It's too early in the morning, I should be asleep.

Post Thanks / Like

What a good idea, Ariella! This really would be a valuable service, Michelle.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea! That's really very innovative!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by MichelleD; 09-24-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Albert not withstanding, with proper education and forethought, you could have expressed yourself clearly from the start and avoided any humiliation and mental oppression from us ignorant and selfish teachers.

Really, my dear, how are you going to learn anything if the only teacher you accept is your own ignorance?

Good luck to you from me and my inner demon.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Shanazel's inner demon. Well said.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mentor

Dear Michelle,
    It seems to me that the only ego being flauted here is your own. No one here has claimed to be the last word in belly dance. We have suggested that it is best to know any subject in which you intend to teach, coach or mentor. You, yourself have claimed that you do not have much dance experience, so how can you possibly tell dancers something that you do not know very much about? You can not. Neither can anyone else who is limited in expereince and knowledge. Misunderstanding Einstein will not prove your point.
    A'isha

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast