Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Year

Despite snarks from certain wet blankets (who shall remain nameless and who don't come around OD anyway) about the arbitrariness of setting New Year on January 1, I enjoy the traditional fresh start. Anyone make resolutions? Anyone keep resolutions?

Mine is to allow myself to make more art for my own satisfaction instead of always with an eye toward commercial considerations. Started such a project yesterday.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Greeting all. Decided I'm no longer willing to participate in competing with myself or others (exhausting). Each project or adventure will be reveled in for maximum fun. Happy 2019 everyone

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta lose weight - have been at it for about 6 weeks now. Managed to avoid 95% of the holiday sweets.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to overhaul what I eat to reduce the amount of oil in it. I hadn't realized how much we used until I took a good look at how often we were buying the two gallon VO packs... lets just say it's more then once a year.

I'm also switching to sunflower oil.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Shanazel. What happened to
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    ...to not wear a metal breastplate in an electric storm while standing on top of a high mountain peak holding a spear and singing Ride of the Valkyries. ...
    --
    Daim.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, honey, that's just a given. Being renowned up and down the North American continent and beyond for that annual resolution, I didn't think I had to mention it. But bless your heart for remembering it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	val.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	11147  
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I have actively and drastically removed myself from any and all toxic situations that even remotely smell toxic. I feel great. In December, I danced at a hafla where the venue is always nice, considerate and respectable. I enjoyed myself so much that I firmly decided that I would no longer even be five blocks near anything else that is not this decent. Which also means other venues, etc. will not get my money either. I love to dance but I love feeling good even more.

In addition, this includes members of my family who more than have exhausted their second and hundredth chances to be nice. It was hard at first but it's getting much easier now.

You know what they say when you choose to be alone - you are not really alone, you are with someone who cares about you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a smart girl you are, Bonfire! Good for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the first person I'm being nice to now is me because I won't turn on myself. And you also keep on doing what you are doing, and tell the snarks to go where they belong!

Post Thanks / Like

Completely cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast