New Year

Shanazel

Despite snarks from certain wet blankets (who shall remain nameless and who don't come around OD anyway) about the arbitrariness of setting New Year on January 1, I enjoy the traditional fresh start. Anyone make resolutions? Anyone keep resolutions?

Mine is to allow myself to make more art for my own satisfaction instead of always with an eye toward commercial considerations. Started such a project yesterday. :)

Suzanne Azhaar

Greeting all. Decided I'm no longer willing to participate in competing with myself or others (exhausting). Each project or adventure will be reveled in for maximum fun. Happy 2019 everyone :)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I gotta lose weight - have been at it for about 6 weeks now. Managed to avoid 95% of the holiday sweets.

Ariadne

I'm going to overhaul what I eat to reduce the amount of oil in it. I hadn't realized how much we used until I took a good look at how often we were buying the two gallon VO packs... lets just say it's more then once a year. :doh:

I'm also switching to sunflower oil.

Shanazel

Well, honey, that's just a given. Being renowned up and down the North American continent and beyond for that annual resolution, I didn't think I had to mention it. But bless your heart for remembering it!

Attachments

• val.jpg
    val.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9

Greek Bonfire

I have actively and drastically removed myself from any and all toxic situations that even remotely smell toxic. I feel great. In December, I danced at a hafla where the venue is always nice, considerate and respectable. I enjoyed myself so much that I firmly decided that I would no longer even be five blocks near anything else that is not this decent. Which also means other venues, etc. will not get my money either. I love to dance but I love feeling good even more.

In addition, this includes members of my family who more than have exhausted their second and hundredth chances to be nice. It was hard at first but it's getting much easier now.

You know what they say when you choose to be alone - you are not really alone, you are with someone who cares about you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Greek Bonfire

Yep, the first person I'm being nice to now is me because I won't turn on myself. And you also keep on doing what you are doing, and tell the snarks to go where they belong!

Ariadne

That is a great Philosophy. :clap:

There was a time in my life where I had to do the same thing. It's not easy but it is worth it. I found a little forgiveness helps too. It denies the "snarks" as you put it space in your head.

Be good to yourselves this year! :D