2018 Weather around the world

Shanazel

You moved to an island off the coast of Florida and don't like the beach? That's like moving to Jackson and not liking the mountains.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'd rather be in the mountains. But overall, Florida is a nice enough place - very good dance scene here and NO SNOW!

Shanazel

Freaking snow. Yesterday was relatively mild, all snow melted off, I had romantic visions of checking the yard today for green shoots... snow. :mad: Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be reasonable but Wednesday, the day I want to leave town, is snow again. Pre-vacation anxiety well-advanced. Feeling grumpy. Hmmph.

Ariadne

We're getting rain again today. It's probably the same front that brought you snow. I think I might prefer snow. It doesn't flood homes for one.

Shanazel

Looks like I might get lucky (knock on wood). Only light snow is predicted for Wednesday, accumulations about an inch. That would be good; I really don't much want to have to leave Tuesday night. Today is bright, sunny, about an inch of white stuff, no wind, and was nine above zero F when I left home this morning. Was hoping for warmer weather in Texas but the high near where I'm headed was 36 yesterday :shok:. That's okay- I'll just take a pile of heavy duty winter clothing, no warm weather stuff, and that should jinx those temps right back up where they belong. :dance:

Shanazel

'Cause you can take the girl outta Texas but can't take Texas outta the girl, I reckon.

Lots of friends and relatives down there, and about once a year, I take off to visit my favorites and see if the flowers are blooming somewhere south of Wyoming. My aunt and uncle (father's siblings) are both well into their eighties, the last of that generation, and I want to hang out with them while I can. When they're gone, I'm the oldest in the family. Gotta go while I'm still young. ;)

Daimona

The weather in Toronto have been freakin' cold the last coupe of days. Not temperature wise in itself (app. -8C), but with that cold wind sneaking around the corners and going through your clothes as if they were made of cobweb...
Looking forward to some "warmer" days at home again (-2 C).

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Its been heating up here, A/C weather for sure, except we had a cold snap that dropped us into the mid 40s at nite, mid 60s by day. Its warming up again, its about 70 today - and I have the windows open to change the air in this house. May be able to do that a time or two more this week, then that will probably be "it" for months as the summer heat hits.

Greek Bonfire

It's been GHASTLY here in Chicago. We had a polar vortex at the end of January, the likes of which I've never experienced. I am so done!

Ariadne

What does a polar vortex do in Chicago? I live in a dessert so I can't guess.

Raining every night here.

It occurred to me I was ungrateful before. We really did need the water and so far no one has died from any flooding, not like when it was snowing.
I just hate what the barometer shifts do to me.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I wish it would rain here in Florida - this is our dry season and the pollen count is astronomical!