2019 World Weather Thread

Shanazel

Okay. I'm starting a new 2019 weather thread since we couldn't get the date changed on the original thread for the year. Please excuse me if I am being presumptuous. :dance:

It is snowing. It is blowing. Several inches of rain concentrate are expected here at the foot of the mountain with more inches expected on top. However, the bulbs are up, the perennials are showing signs of life, and there are leaves on my baby bois d'arc tree in The Giant Cold Frame. It may take a while, but The Snow King will get rung out by The Queen of May sooner or later.

Daimona

After a hint of spring last week, this week started with a ton of fresh, wet snow. And a lot of it. Temperatures around 0C. Wednesday spring came back on a swift visit with sunshine, wind and 16C (!). Thursday, back to 4C and rain and heavy winds. Friday 0-2C and rain, partly snowing.

Shanazel

Getting to spring is like bouncing a ball that is always slightly out of control. We'll catch it sooner or later but it's going to be a heck of a scramble until then.

We didn't get as much snow as they did further west. Sky is clearing and temps are conducive to fairly rapid melt. Living on a dirt road as we do, this is but one more spring challenge. Potholes are worse than ever. We can now not only lose Montana in one but there will be room for Norway and a good half of Arkansas as well.

Ariadne

Sooooo... all that snow we got is melting too quickly thanks to a thunderstorm and now we have flash flood warnings. On the other hand the rain was really nice. I love the rain in the spring.

Shanazel

Me, too, Ariadne. Unfortunately, we've got snow instead. Typical April- everything is perfectly tender and beautiful and along comes Sven with another blast of Arctic Chill.

Greek Bonfire

This year was one of the coldest winters I can remember and now this spring is the meanest too with the late snowstorms in April! Grrr..

Daimona

From near summer warmth and sun (and way too much pollen in the air!) the past weeks, we now have rain (hurray!) and 10 C and this weekend it will drop even further according to the forecast.

Ariadne

We had an Extreme Thunderstorm warning but it appears to have completely bypassed us and the weather is lovely. Cool and refreshing in the morning and pleasantly warm in the afternoon.

Shanazel

We've crept up into the low sixties today with sunshine and the promise of a very nice afternoon. A neighbor rented a backhoe to work on the drainage in his yard, then spent sometime today trying to smooth out the dirt road a bit. Potholes have gone from where you could lose Montana in one to being able to drop in Texas as well, with just the smallest bit of the panhandle showing above ground. The joys of rural life when your road has been abandoned by the county. B*$%%#*s.

Ariadne

We've crept up into the low sixties today with sunshine and the promise of a very nice afternoon. A neighbor rented a backhoe to work on the drainage in his yard, then spent sometime today trying to smooth out the dirt road a bit. Potholes have gone from where you could lose Montana in one to being able to drop in Texas as well, with just the smallest bit of the panhandle showing above ground. The joys of rural life when your road has been abandoned by the county. B*$%%#*s.
Did they have any success?

Shanazel

Moderate. The lane that t-bones off our road is considerably improved. He still has the backhoe so I'm hoping for better things ahead.

Ariadne

Well, it's cold, rainy, and windy- and the mountain to the north has new snow on it. It's nice to know there's more snow pack for the reservoirs but this is so unusually cold for this time of year that people keep making cracks about "how's that global warming working for you?" This is supposed to be the beginning of summer with average temperatures in the high 80's during the day. Instead we're in the low 60's (F). Oh it's gotten to 88/89 but it only lasts a few days (if that) and then drops 10-20 degrees the next time *another* cold front comes through. This is March weather not May.