2019 World Weather Thread

Daimona

Yesterday 4C and rain.
Today, hail and rain. Just half an hour drive from me, it has been snowing heavily.

Shanazel

Been raining pretty heavily here ever since it stopped snowing. I'll take the rain, which has become common for May over the last couple of decades. Before then, things were drying up and turning brown by early June. Having a green prairie up into the summer has been pretty nice and worth the wet May... at least I think so. There are those who disagree with me most vehemently.

Daimona

Believe it or not, but May ended up being colder than April in my part of the world. I'm staying up in the mountains this weekend. Thursday it was snowing heavily, then most of it disappeared. Tonight, I just had to go skiing(!) one last time before summer arrives here as well (presumably tomorrow, if the weather forecast is spot on).

Shanazel

Enjoy your skiing trip, Daimona. We had a beautiful day until this evening when clouds and wind started moving in. I didn't get my planting done AGAIN. Our gelding started to colic for the second time this month so I made a run for mineral oil and Bute. Twice in a month is worrisome. He won't drink enough water. The mare drinks two buckets in a night. Reb drinks maybe half a bucket. We're going to mix extra salt into his grain and cover the paste with syrup in order to make him thirstier. Dumb horse.

Ariadne

Summer is starting here too. Spring was cold enough they say our monsoon season will probably be delayed, usually it's August. In the meantime the temperatures are creeping up toward 100F. It's nice outside and cars are starting to turn into ovens when sitting in the sun so it's been pretty, well, nice. Oh, everything is flowering here too, so it's pretty and nice.

How did things turn out with your gelding Shanazel?

Shanazel

Reb is doing okay right now. Thank you for asking.

Weather has been down to freezing at night but is now in the forties at night. I've decided I don't believe in summer any more.

Ariadne

It rained today. Maybe our monsoon season won't be late after all.

(Am I the only one who has been checking every day to see if this site was back up? Every time that happens I am afraid it won't come back.)

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Yep, check every day! Checked earlier today and it was still down. Glad its back, but I'm always afraid it won't come back!

Daimona

Yes, certainly checking every day.

After an unusual cold summer, it has been unusual hot the last couple of weeks of July. This week temperatures have finally dropped to something more comfortable. I'm still struggeling to get the indoor temperature down since the heatwave, though. Most houses don't have AC, as it is rarely needed...

Shanazel

Ah, ye faithful few. Good to see your happy little avatars and read your adventures in dance and weather. I was about one inch from giving up this time, but inches stretch to yards. :)

High predicted to be about 80 today. It's 76 right now- perfect. Would rather be home playing in the garden than here in the museum, but there you are. Overcast skies are keeping it cool.

Ariadne

So 86 Fahrenheit and I imagine your humidity is pretty high. Not hot enough to kill but enough to make you uncomfortable if you're not used to it. I can see why so few install AC.

I was about one inch from giving up this time, but inches stretch to yards. :)
I'm glad you stuck with us. :)

Last edited: