Tito Seif

Shanazel

Long as we're taking about him...

[video=youtube;pk1rOhBiw-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1rOhBiw-o[/video]

Shanazel

Nah, I saw dancers doing that back in the seventies. He may have popularized it in more recent years, though. People used to dance on all sorts of stuff. My teacher had a set of goblets she danced on. Even saw someone dance on stilts. That last wasn't a sight to inspire imitators.

Daimona

Nah, I saw dancers doing that back in the seventies. He may have popularized it in more recent years, though. People used to dance on all sorts of stuff. My teacher had a set of goblets she danced on. Even saw someone dance on stilts. That last wasn't a sight to inspire imitators.

:lol: Not even good arabesques? ;)

Shanazel

Arabesques on stilts dressed in full Dina-esque costume, maybe even with Isis wings. Now, there is an image to give you nightmares.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Arabesques on stilts dressed in full Dina-esque costume, maybe even with Isis wings. Now, there is an image to give you nightmares.

With a Shemadan! Don't forget the Shemadan!

I've done goblet dancing to practice, I've never gotten around to doing it in performance. Maybe I need to dust that off...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'm reminded: Years back at Rakkasah, a gal did a goblet dance. She went down into full side-to-side splits - while still on the goblets! The hall went nuts!

Then....

Wait for it...

She came back up!

Greek Bonfire

I like shamadan but it doesn't belong in every setting. I haven't done it so far but for the most part, wherever I dance, it just wouldn't fit in so well.

Ariadne

I'm reminded: Years back at Rakkasah, a gal did a goblet dance. She went down into full side-to-side splits - while still on the goblets! The hall went nuts!

Then....

Wait for it...

She came back up!
I saw that in a video once, blew my mind.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I like shamadan but it doesn't belong in every setting. I haven't done it so far but for the most part, wherever I dance, it just wouldn't fit in so well.

True enough - BUT - if you're gonna be doing a dance on stilts with Isis wings - you might as well throw in a Shemadan! Just don't forget to end it with a Turkish Drop! :D