Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fresno

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Let me put it this way; there are three dancers, and only three, on the entire planet that I can say this about: "Oh, she's doing a workshop? Shut up, take my money, and sign me up NOW please! Great - thank you. BTW, what is she teaching in this workshop?"

In other words, I'll go to these three teachers no questions asked. Those three teachers are - in no particular order: Cory Zamora, Alexandra King (of Santa Barbara), and Fahtiem. At one time, there was a fourth: Kamaal - but he's retired now, and was the ONLY male to make my short list.

Other excellent instructors in SoCal would include Mesmera, Aziza Sa'id (retired I think), Helena Vlahos, Angelika Nemeth, Princess Farhana , and Paulina. I'd probably ask what their workshop was about before I signed up, but they're all WONDERFUL.

So take a day, and drive to Fresno for a Cory intensive. You'll thank me.
    I would Zorba,but I don't have a car and I don't drive,so that would leave Cory out for me. How do you pronounce Fahtiem's name btw?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Let me put it this way; there are three dancers, and only three, on the entire planet that I can say this about: "Oh, she's doing a workshop? Shut up, take my money, and sign me up NOW please! Great - thank you. BTW, what is she teaching in this workshop?"

In other words, I'll go to these three teachers no questions asked. Those three teachers are - in no particular order: Cory Zamora, Alexandra King (of Santa Barbara), and Fahtiem. At one time, there was a fourth: Kamaal - but he's retired now, and was the ONLY male to make my short list.

Other excellent instructors in SoCal would include Mesmera, Aziza Sa'id (retired I think), Helena Vlahos, Angelika Nemeth, Princess Farhana , and Paulina. I'd probably ask what their workshop was about before I signed up, but they're all WONDERFUL.

So take a day, and drive to Fresno for a Cory intensive. You'll thank me.
    Are you sure Cory doesn't come to my area anymore to teach at the Senior Citizen's Center? I think she used to do that. Would be easier on me since I live so close to the Senior Citizen's Center.

Post Thanks / Like

"Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

"Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prince ali baba View Post
    I would Zorba,but I don't have a car and I don't drive,so that would leave Cory out for me. How do you pronounce Fahtiem's name btw?
    Greyhound...
    You'd think Fahtiem would be pronounced "Fah Tee Em", but it isn't. its "Fah Teem"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prince ali baba View Post
    Are you sure Cory doesn't come to my area anymore to teach at the Senior Citizen's Center? I think she used to do that. Would be easier on me since I live so close to the Senior Citizen's Center.
    I have no idea - give her a shout and ask. I know she's been doing workshops in the LA basin from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    I was at this one, LIVE!

L to R: Myself, Cory, and The Mighty Siwa at CoS 2012:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	11192

Post Thanks / Like

A funny story: I was in one of the many workshops I took years ago with Alexandra - may have even been the very 1st, in any event I was pretty much a "baby belly" at the time. Gypsy style skirtwork. I guess she liked what she saw, as she had me come to the head of the class to help her demonstrate skirtwork with 2 dancers. She said, "Don't worry, I won't embarrass you." I lifted my skirt, spread it wide, and replied, "Here I am, dancing in a huge ass SKIRT, do I look like I can be embarrassed?" Hilarity ensued!

Post Thanks / Like

Fahtiem is one of 3 dancers in another one of my mental lists whose dancing I call "Exquisite". I love her - and she's a wonderful, gracious person too!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast