Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. #31
    Moderator Shanazel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountains USA
    Posts
    15,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stories associated with these dancers much appreciated, Zorba. I recalled the one about the big-ass skirt; shared it with my skirt-wearing male dancer who regards you as a shining star in the firmament.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

  2. #32
    Moderator Zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Fl.
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ali Baba, this link from Cory: http://www.dancegardenla.com/la_legends.html

  3. #33
    Moderator Zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Fl.
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Stories associated with these dancers much appreciated, Zorba. I recalled the one about the big-ass skirt; shared it with my skirt-wearing male dancer who regards you as a shining star in the firmament.
    Aw shucks...

    Has he seen my article on the subject? http://www.doubleveil.net/skirtsmanship.htm

    I do not understand why males are so terrified of skirts - Belly Dancers or otherwise...

  4. #34
    Member prince ali baba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Being Terrified Of Skirts and Belly Dancers

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Aw shucks...

    Has he seen my article on the subject? http://www.doubleveil.net/skirtsmanship.htm

    I do not understand why males are so terrified of skirts - Belly Dancers or otherwise...
    The skirt thing I think it comes down to looking a bit too girly for males. Belly Dancers I think might have something to do with modesty. I used to feel very modest about my shirt coming off as a youngin. The bare midriff thing was also something that made me feel a bit uncomfortable when I was younger. I don't mind so much now that I'm older,but I get slightly modest at times.

  5. #35
    Moderator Zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Fl.
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm well aware of the male penchant for not wanting to look "too girly". The thing of it is, a skirt is only considered "girly" because somebody decided that it was for girls - its just a piece of fabric, it doesn't make me a girl any more than a pair of pants makes a girl into a boy! And I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the "no pants on girls" nonsense. "Masculinity" has evolved into a sort of "Anti-femininity" which is ridiculous.

    I hear you about modesty - although that too is something that somebody made up at some point. As a result, I don't particularly care for the bare chested look for male dancers that seems to be all the rage in some parts of the world - but to each his/her own!

    Did you check out the link? Looks like a "star studded cast" - you should make a point of attending!

  6. #36
    Member prince ali baba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Star Studded Cast

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I'm well aware of the male penchant for not wanting to look "too girly". The thing of it is, a skirt is only considered "girly" because somebody decided that it was for girls - its just a piece of fabric, it doesn't make me a girl any more than a pair of pants makes a girl into a boy! And I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the "no pants on girls" nonsense. "Masculinity" has evolved into a sort of "Anti-femininity" which is ridiculous.

    I hear you about modesty - although that too is something that somebody made up at some point. As a result, I don't particularly care for the bare chested look for male dancers that seems to be all the rage in some parts of the world - but to each his/her own!

    Did you check out the link? Looks like a "star studded cast" - you should make a point of attending!
    I'm thinking about going. I have brother who lives in Southern California,so I might consider going.

  7. #37
    Moderator Zorba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Merritt Island, Fl.
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok, I give up! I thought *you* were in socal from your referencing socal teachers! I'm officially confused...

    Regardless, if you can make it to this, it certainly looks good!

  8. #38
    Member prince ali baba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Ok, I give up! I thought *you* were in socal from your referencing socal teachers! I'm officially confused...

    Regardless, if you can make it to this, it certainly looks good!
    Nope I'm in Modesto. You used to be 2 hour drive from me when you were in Monterey.
    Last edited by prince ali baba; 06-22-2019 at 03:07 AM.

  9. #39
    V.I.P. Ariadne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NE Mojave Desert
    Posts
    2,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't really dance much at all. I try but the scene here has disappeared. Between a lack of classes/teachers, others to dance with, and some new medical stuff I haven't mentioned- trying to practice on my own has never lasted more then a few days at a time. I haven't given up though, not completely. I still love it.

  10. #40
    Member prince ali baba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Ok, I give up! I thought *you* were in socal from your referencing socal teachers! I'm officially confused...

    Regardless, if you can make it to this, it certainly looks good!
    Are you going to go to it Zorba? Would be cool to meet you if you did.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •