Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stories associated with these dancers much appreciated, Zorba. I recalled the one about the big-ass skirt; shared it with my skirt-wearing male dancer who regards you as a shining star in the firmament.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Ali Baba, this link from Cory: http://www.dancegardenla.com/la_legends.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Stories associated with these dancers much appreciated, Zorba. I recalled the one about the big-ass skirt; shared it with my skirt-wearing male dancer who regards you as a shining star in the firmament.
    Aw shucks...

Has he seen my article on the subject? http://www.doubleveil.net/skirtsmanship.htm

I do not understand why males are so terrified of skirts - Belly Dancers or otherwise...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Being Terrified Of Skirts and Belly Dancers

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Aw shucks...

Has he seen my article on the subject? http://www.doubleveil.net/skirtsmanship.htm

I do not understand why males are so terrified of skirts - Belly Dancers or otherwise...
    The skirt thing I think it comes down to looking a bit too girly for males. Belly Dancers I think might have something to do with modesty. I used to feel very modest about my shirt coming off as a youngin. The bare midriff thing was also something that made me feel a bit uncomfortable when I was younger. I don't mind so much now that I'm older,but I get slightly modest at times.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of the male penchant for not wanting to look "too girly". The thing of it is, a skirt is only considered "girly" because somebody decided that it was for girls - its just a piece of fabric, it doesn't make me a girl any more than a pair of pants makes a girl into a boy! And I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the "no pants on girls" nonsense. "Masculinity" has evolved into a sort of "Anti-femininity" which is ridiculous.

I hear you about modesty - although that too is something that somebody made up at some point. As a result, I don't particularly care for the bare chested look for male dancers that seems to be all the rage in some parts of the world - but to each his/her own!

Did you check out the link? Looks like a "star studded cast" - you should make a point of attending!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Studded Cast

I'm well aware of the male penchant for not wanting to look "too girly". The thing of it is, a skirt is only considered "girly" because somebody decided that it was for girls - its just a piece of fabric, it doesn't make me a girl any more than a pair of pants makes a girl into a boy! And I'm old enough to remember the tail end of the "no pants on girls" nonsense. "Masculinity" has evolved into a sort of "Anti-femininity" which is ridiculous.

I hear you about modesty - although that too is something that somebody made up at some point. As a result, I don't particularly care for the bare chested look for male dancers that seems to be all the rage in some parts of the world - but to each his/her own!

Did you check out the link? Looks like a "star studded cast" - you should make a point of attending!
    I'm thinking about going. I have brother who lives in Southern California,so I might consider going.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I give up! I thought *you* were in socal from your referencing socal teachers! I'm officially confused...

Regardless, if you can make it to this, it certainly looks good!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I give up! I thought *you* were in socal from your referencing socal teachers! I'm officially confused...

Nope I'm in Modesto. You used to be 2 hour drive from me when you were in Monterey.
    Last edited by prince ali baba; 06-22-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really dance much at all. I try but the scene here has disappeared. Between a lack of classes/teachers, others to dance with, and some new medical stuff I haven't mentioned- trying to practice on my own has never lasted more then a few days at a time. I haven't given up though, not completely. I still love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to go to it Zorba? Would be cool to meet you if you did.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast