Tara Belly Dancer India

Tarabelly

Hi!

I'm a belly dance performer living in India and just getting into this huge world of internet magic. I have a new little website www.taradancer.com

I've been living in Asia for the past 7 years, performing and teaching. Right now I am based in Pune, close to Bombay.

This is such a great site!

Love & Light, Tara

Maria_Aya

Hi Tara :)
Welcome on orientaldancer.
Enjoy reading and posting :)
Just saw your site and you got the most interesting photos !!!! loved them

So tell us, somethings about India and bellydance, and how people react to it. Are you dancing mostly for tourists at hotel's or for local people also?

Welcome again

Maria Aya, Athens, Greece :)

Kiraze

Hi Tara!

I´ve heard about you from Malaysian dancers (as not too many "western" dancers wander around here so that was quite natural :D) - as you probably know it is so easy to travel between KL and Singapore from workshops so if you are heading again this direction we may have a chance to meet :)

Tarabelly

Hi!

A huge thank you to you, Salome! It was your expert advice and coaching that helped me get the info and courage to do try to perform in Asia. Thanks again, you are a gracious and beautiful person inside and out!

So India is very welcoming to belly dance. I dance for corporate parties, special events, 5 star hotels and therefore mostly for local indian populations that have university level education and also ususally well travelled. There is a huge socio-economic chasm between educated/wealthy and majority poorer people. Anything arabic is the rage here, all great arabic pop songs get translated to hindi and other indian languages. Many events are decorated in bedouin tent style with hookahs and amazing food.

Soon I'll blog more with pictures to give you all an idea of what its like.

Love and light, Tara (llt)

Dev

Welcome Tara,

Its nice to hear somebody from India. I was born in north east part of India near the china -tibbetian Border, Next month i am going to India travelling mainly northern India and Assam. This is going to be my frist trip to India in the last 4 years.So looking forward to it. Also its nice to hear that Indian people are welcoming to Belly Dances . I dont know how much its true but i hear things about the Belly Dancers from former CIS countries doing all sorts of acts in smaller cities and towns. Mainly what Indians classify as "Natanki" stuff. Anyway Tara do you have any idea where in Delhi i can see Belly Dancers, also do you get lots of Indian ladies who are interested in Belly Dance or want to learn this beautiful dance.

Kind Regards.

Salome

Administrator
Hi!

A huge thank you to you, Salome! It was your expert advice and coaching that helped me get the info and courage to do try to perform in Asia. Thanks again, you are a gracious and beautiful person inside and out!

You bet Tara! I'm so pleased with all the success you have had! You go girl :)

Tarabelly

To answer Dipali,

Where you're from is Nagaland ya? I haven't been yet but would love to!

Ya, lots of ladies want to learn, but I'm personally just focussing on shows. I plan to teach workshops in Oct-Nov and I'm making a beginner's teaching video.

And ya its the same thing as everywhere, girls who are poor/under-educated sell themselves out of necessity. (Refering to former CIS girls)

If you look up the teachers in this site, I think Mandira comes up as Delhi dancer. But I've never had any luck contacting her. I dont know anyone in Delhi who is performing regularly. I get shows there once in a while.

And thank you Kiraze- love to come to Singapore sometime!

llt