Moxielash

Suzanne Azhaar

For dancers who thoroughly dislike using glue with false eyelashes, there's a new product on the market. Moxielash uses iron oxide in the eyeliner. Apply eyeliner, allow it to dry, then apply magnetic eyelashes (using fingers or plastic tweezers). Pricey, but I'm hearing good things. "Holds in the wind." "Lasts for hours." Remove eyeliner with olive oil. (Coconut oil might work as well.)

Looking forward to trying it. :dance:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I'll take that under advisement. I've avoided falsies for years as even when you know what you're doing, they're a pain - and I made a CRAPTACULAR mess the first, last, and only time I ever tried them. Magnetic would mean you could stick 'em on, and re-adjust to your heart's content. I have pretty decent lashes (and amp them up with Mascara), but big stage shows could benefit from "more".

Do let us know how they work. So is the iron oxide layer something you put on before eyeliner, after eyeliner, or is it eyeliner itself? What colors are available (if so)? Liquid that you let dry I assume? Lots of questions...

Suzanne Azhaar

Hola Zorba, Black eyeliner (applied and allowed to dry) contains iron oxide. This allows easy repositioning if false lashes aren't applied correctly the first time. Heard Moxie is coming out with brown eyeliner, but after checking their site, I don't see brown available for purchase. Purchased via internet, arrived, and trying them today. This will be interesting.

Suzanne Azhaar

Shocked, surprised, elated. Moxie's were incredibly easy to put on. Approx five minutes for the eyeliner to dry. Popped the lashes on, first try. More comfortable than glue alternative. Plan to wear today to see if there's an allergy. But right now, I'm utterly sold on the product.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Da-yum! Those look good! Black would work fine with me, I always rim my eyes with kohl anyway.

Suzanne Azhaar

Kohl would work beautifully with this product. No signs of allergies, zills up for this product.

Edited- well darn! Removed lash strip over right eye. Eyelid swelled and turned red. Thought I had a winner. Nope. Allergies.

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Oh crap! It would "probably" be OK for me, I'm not prone to skin reactions - my wife OTOH, would probably have the same thing happen, or worse!

Suzanne Azhaar

I suppose someone had to have the first skin reaction. :( Glad your spouse won't be second. They might be alright for you. Looking at their return policy.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I went to their website and viewed their video. They make it look easy - but then again so does "Marlene" on the "Makeup Geek" youtube channel - and what a mess *that* turned into on my face!!! :lol:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
There used to be a pile of them, all very well done. The two or three I tried were a comical disaster on my part - my face didn't look ANYTHING like Marlene's at the end of it - despite multiple re-winds!

Suzanne Azhaar

Refused to give up on the product. Purchase the Moxie gel eyeliner. Placed two coats of normal eyeliner as a skin barrier. Then applied Moxie gel eyeliner. Worked like a charm. No reaction. Easy on, easy off of the lashes. Removed the gel with avocado oil and Q-tips. Ta-da! Done.