Dedicatory Performance...

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
My teacher and I will be doing a Tribal style duette (or at least, a Cabaret dancer's interpretation thereof) for the deceased Doreet "Didi" Gordon next weekend - dress rehearsal tomorrow. Its been years since I danced Tribal style - feels good to get out the Tribal stuff again, including the dreads that Didi made for me, along with hair flowers and hair sticks to hold it all together. Pants based costume this time. I just hope my neck holds out - I had to get a neck massage one time when I was in those dreads all day, and having my hair in a tight top knot to attach the dreads is a minor pain that lasts all day. I won't mention the hair sticks, esp. when I first put them in!

The price we pay for beauty...

I wonder if I can find some orange lipstick.

Shanazel

Break a leg. kiddo. Could you use a close to the scalp French braid instead of a top knot to attach dreads? Would distribute the weight better.

If you can't find orange lipstick at Halloween, when can you find it?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
It might distribute the weight/pull over my scalp better, but you can't do anything about the actual weight that the neck muscles have to overcome. It is what it is.

Daimona

It might distribute the weight/pull over my scalp better, but you can't do anything about the actual weight that the neck muscles have to overcome. It is what it is.

:think: Is it possible to make some kind of tribal necklace that would give your neck support?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Oh, it might be, but I'll only have it on for a few hours. Push come to shove, I could put myself in a neckbrace off stage - but I won't need to. The time my neck hurt so bad, I was wearing the dreads for about 18 hours. Dress rehearsal went fine last nite - about 5 hours total in the dreads. My neck hurt a little bit, but if I sit down and support the dreads on the back of the chair, no strain!

Shanazel

And now for the answer to the question that has us all in the edge of our seats: did you find the lipstick?

Greek Bonfire

Isn't there some way you can either improvise or let go some of the heavy stuff? Your health isn't worth that and I'm sure Didi would understand.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Jeez, you gals are making a mountain out of a molehill - it is what it is and it won't be a problem for the short time I'll have them on. I haven't danced Tribal style in years, and most likely this will be the last time I ever do it. I was never particularly good at Tribal.

Ariadne

It just means we care about you Zorba. Personally I'm hoping for pictures. I always love to see your outfits.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
It just means we care about you Zorba. Personally I'm hoping for pictures. I always love to see your outfits.
I know that, and you gals are sweet, and I appreciate it. {BOW HERE}
I'm hoping for pictures, and both hoping and dreading video - I'm bringing my equipment and tripods to video and photo the rest of the event, hopefully I can find a volunteer while we're dancing the duette.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
If you don't count how I BLEW THE CHOREOGRAPHY at one point - skipped a measure - the performance went pretty well. The pix I have came out fairly well despite the very dark ambiance and a hyperactive fog machine! Not sure about the videos yet - they may have grain as big as boulders!

zorba-jenn.jpg

Shanazel

Aw, man, that is a serious pile of dreads. Maybe you could thin them down some next time and save your neck some effort?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Not a chance! I have to look GORGEOUS for my HUNDREDS of ADORING fans!!! :lol:
Besides, they weren't on long enough for my neck to bother me - but we won't talk about my scalp!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
[video=youtube;Z2Gyv7XeVoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Gyv7XeVoc[/video]

Video - such as it is - is now on YouTube. Honestly, its a real disappointment, you can barely see the performance, due to the darkness and the fog machine, but its still "good enough" to NOT hide my performance blunder. It is what it is... OTOH, Didi would have LOVED the Halloween ambiance!