Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Figure 8

Post Thanks / Like

Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old post but I'm having trouble with the vertical figure 8's.

When I do a horizontal figure 8 from side to side I can see it in my head so my body can do it.

With the vertical figure 8 I can't seem to visualize it and thus am having problems doing it. (On Ariellah's video she does a vertical figure 8)
    I teach my students these by having them imagine they are riding a bike uphill, pretending they are standing up on the pedals pushing them hard, swaying side to side. You can lean forward when you're learning them to help you get the movement. That seems to work for most on the forward vertical 8's. Reverse vertical 8's are easier for most for some reason. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mara2 View Post
    I teach my students these by having them imagine they are riding a bike uphill, pretending they are standing up on the pedals pushing them hard, swaying side to side. You can lean forward when you're learning them to help you get the movement. That seems to work for most on the forward vertical 8's. Reverse vertical 8's are easier for most for some reason. Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Tip View Post
    Thank you very much.
    You're very welcome I'm trying to figure out how I got an angry face on the top of my last post?? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12