Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Family discovery!

Other day on the train me n'mate were talking about her biological grandad, which got me thinking about my own, cause I've never known him. I have the bestest grandad in the world, who despite not being 'bloodily' related will always be m'grandad. So...

A few days later at my grams and I asked her what he was like. Turns out... he's EGYPTIAN! I was amazed. Lol. Anyways, this got me going on a roll, so I asked around my family, and I've decided that I am...

1/4 Welsh (Romany too but don't know where they originally came from )
    1/4 English
    1/4 Romany (Romanian)
    1/4 Egyptian

That's going from my grandparents (the biological ones) but it is quite a bit more complicated but I couldn't work it out. Crap at maths I am.

If it went on just my parents I would be 1/2 English (Romany) 1/2 Romany

So what about you lot?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 100% Dutch, so that's pretty boring..

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol- 100% Dutch int boring. There's this geneology test thing you can take, cause no ones 100% anything when you go all the way back, and it tells you where your families came from and how much of everything you are.

I want one. I reckon it'd be interesting since we don't really know where the Romany families came from exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 1/2 Dutch, 1/4 Frisian (Ok that's an area in the North of the Netherlands, but the do have there own language and cultural background) and 1/8 German. However I see myself more as 100% Dutch cause I don't really know my Frisian family and my mom hasn't seen her German family for ages, so neither do I. And my parents both grew up in the "real Dutch" parts of the country, lol!
    That's as far as I know, my dad is 100% Dutch and my mom has a Frisian mother and a German grandma.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any idea how many direct line ancestors we have in just nine or ten generations? As for me, lord, talk about a mutt: Scots-Irish, and Irish for the most part (and yes, they are different) with Welsh, Scots, English, French, Dutch, African, Caddo and Cherokee melting into the family at some point to form gen-u-ine American mongrel.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahlan wa Sahlan ya habibti Shanazel !!!!

We all got to search our family I'm sure some arab blood will be in us, otherwise all this madness is not explainable

xooxo
    Maria Aya

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Aye- if I go back a long way I can find roots in Egypt, Mongolia, India, Ireland, England, Wales, Romania, and that's about it for now. I think that's about 7 generations not including me of course .

I love this stuff. It's well fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maria_Aya View Post
    Ahlan wa Sahlan ya habibti Shanazel !!!!

We all got to search our family I'm sure some arab blood will be in us, otherwise all this madness is not explainable

xooxo
    Maria Aya
    No doubt it's there with all the rest, but whatever middle eastern blood I have is not up to the task of translation- what did you write to me, Maria?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanazel- You make me smile sooo much! Even if I've had a slightly rubbish day you always manage to cheer me up! In fact, you all do.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Sara- what a nice thing to say. We are collectively quite a bunch, aren't we?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast