my tressures!!!

milky

Wonderful pics,Lydia.
Just look at the smiling faces of these girls. They do enjoy performing. And also the audience enjoy watching,too. I bet they do feel the energy and passion of these girls' dance. Make me wanna learn bellydance from you.:pray:

KuteNurse

You have beautiful dancers to teach and the stage is amazing! What a beautiful set Lydia...Thankyou for sharing this!

Maria_Aya

Heyyyyyy just found out this thread !!!
They look gorgeous, smiling, relaxed and having fun also, which is importand for a dancer.
Bravo Lydia for the good work you do !!!

Wishing you many many treasures to come in your path !!

Kisses
Maria Aya:D

Lydia

Thanks again for all the nice compliments....i will tell the girls,they are the ones that supose to get the credit...they work very hard,practise daily and are very very talented...I am very lucky to have them in my class..1 of them is already with me for 5 years !!...have a great day Lydia

Amulya

Great pictures. They do look like they are having fun! I love the green costumes, I have a soft spot for green costumes and these work very well together.
Why are there no women in the audience?

Lydia

Hi Amulya ,yes there are always lady,s in the party,s where i go...this is a party that was booked by 1 of my customers,that books me for the past 15 years...they know i dont dance for a only male crowd...on this day i entroduce my students to this customer,so for the future she can book them if she likes them...but in the desert where the party was that day the seating is on the floor and usely the lady,s stay on the cusions that are more at the back of the tables...but many of the guys like to come to the front and even sit on the dancefloor just to be closer;) that is why you dont see the lady,s in the picture...have a nice day Lydia

Amulya

Ah, that's why :) . So how is the belly dance scene over there? It's interesting to hear more about it.

Lydia

o Amulya ,it is good !!! lol for me!!! just kidding its is very populair everybody likes to have a go....plenty dancers plenty musicians, when i just came here in 1986 it was only me and 1 other dancer her name was Nadia,those days the Uae was a tiny place with lots of bedu tribes and a handfull foreigners.Perhaps 7 or 8 5 star hotels ...beside that around 8 or 9 company,s that would do desert trips so we performed there aswell..so we rotate the hotels daily and we worked like that both of us ...Now at the moment is another story as you know Dubai became a big place and there are i believe close to 1000 company,s that have desert safary,where dancers dance, and i last track how many hotels have dancers ,Keep in mind that not all dancers are so proffesional ,but that is all over the world i think the case....So why dont you pass by next time on your trip to Holland? we have fun i take you around !! have a nice day Lydia

Amulya

Sounds good :) . I'll think of it when I go to Holland again. Won't be soon I'm afraid, I'm setting up a business and it's taking all my time and money.

adiemus

Lydia your dancers radiate joy in the dance, and this shines through everything including the audience! No wonder everyone said they had a wonderful time, just looking at the pictures makes me smile. I do love the staging and the costuming and lighting too - video would be fantastic!
Wow! you're such a pioneer in the dance in UAE - wish, wish, wish I could visit, but it is a long way from NZ. I think it is 13 hours from Christchurch where I live. My parents went through Dubai coming back from UK just a fortnight ago, and said it was lovely (what they saw!!)
Thank you for posting your pictures - the photography is great too!

Lydia

Thanks Adiemus ! the setting we always do it like that in the desert..its realy pretty...and yes if you wanna visit dont forget to call me!! i love to meet up with al the people from this forum,have a nice day Lydia

Ranya

Lydia you know what? I will be spending one whole year next year in either Syria or Egypt and I know that the tickets between arab countries are not that expensive, so I would love to come and see!

(but I still have 9 months to go, have to stay in France, lol)

Lydia

i hade promised some time ago that i post clips from my students dancing...well you all know i am not se clever with pc,but i finaly managed i think so here we go...like always i hope it that it works and i did not make a booboo

gisela

Super Moderator
:clap: Yay!That is pretty INCREDIBLE! They are a joy to watch!
They are doing a great job, and so are you by the looks of you students! Congrats to educating lovely new dancers.
Love the spin were they wrap the veils around themselves. And nice music too.
Gisela

Last edited:

Dev

i hade promised some time ago that i post clips from my students dancing...well you all know i am not se clever with pc,but i finaly managed i think so here we go...like always i hope it that it works and i did not make a booboo

Dear Lydia,
It is always nice to see somebody performing especially as we know her instructor. As a marketing and branding point of view , she is perfect, nice presentation and smooth on the floor. I watched with two other friends/dancers and we really enjoyed .
Thank you for sharing.

PS- Just out of interest, Do the Arab girls come to you for tuition. Or are all your students from other countries.
Regards

Lydia

Hi Dipaly,its like half half...in Dubai most girls are foreigners lets say 60 procent,then in Sharjah the next door emirates i have 97 procent arabic girls and just a few foreigners....