2020 World Weather Thread

Ariadne

That was last week. We've dropped back below 100F this week and the air quality has improved. It's just summer arriving though. We hit a point every year at the end of May (if not earlier) when outdoor burning is prohibited. We can thank the cheat grass for that. It is NOT native and, thanks to all the fires we had in the early 90's, has spread everywhere. It wasn't around when I was a child and we didn't have anywhere near the number of fires we get now.

Mind you it was a cooler spring then usual which, strangely enough, tends to lead to a hotter summer followed by a colder autumn; so I'm expecting this summer to be HOT.

Daimona

Mm... Just beautiful summer days, enjoying sun and shadow and listening to acoustic egyptian instrumental music.

Ariadne

I am so tired of the summer fires. There have been three surrounding us and a fourth one started in the middle of the metropolitan area on a ridge that threatened some medical offices. Along with the triple digit temperatures and the wind (today) I am not going outside.