2022 Worldwide Weather Thread

Ariadne

I can't help but think of your fiords and some of the maps I've seen of where the water levels used to be...

Daimona

And after two days of calm while the ground drained and water levels went down and we started to get a grip of all the damages, the next storm has arrived. The wind is much stronger and accompanied with heavy snow fall this time. I'm staying indoor, have lit the fireplace and some candles and my power bank is charging just in case we'll loose the power. Several thousand houses have lost the power already. *sigh*

I can't help but think of your fiords and some of the maps I've seen of where the water levels used to be...

The water will always seek down and as soon it reaches the fjord, there is much less problems. Although, some of the first damage report last wednesday was some boathouses that was washed on the fjord due to a small tsunami caused by a landslide on the other side.

Daimona

Lordy, after reading Daimona's situation, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about how lovely it was today.

No, no - please describe it, Suzanne. I don't mind a day dream or two and can certainly enjoy your happiness and lovely weather from a distance. :D
The storm has passed, my family and friends are safe and it is still snowing (more or less vertically, not speeding horizontally as yesterday).

Suzanne Azhaar

No, no - please describe it, Suzanne. I don't mind a day dream or two and can certainly enjoy your happiness and lovely weather from a distance. :D
The storm has passed, my family and friends are safe and it is still snowing (more or less vertically, not speeding horizontally as yesterday).
Yesterday was well appreciated. Spouse and I went for a two hour bike ride near the river. Paused to marvel at a low gliding hawk fly soft circles over the trees, then the river. Spotted a couple of sleepy porcupines high in the tree tops. Groups of adolescent joggers, first the ladies/five minutes later the guys. (Oh to have such energy again.) Enjoyed a rest on a park bench, chatted and shared beverage/planning out the rest of the day. Days go by so quickly, it's Monday already. Feels like winter is quickly working its way into spring (yet somehow it's still January).

Shanazel

It wasn't too bad. I asked the museum work study student for a hand and gave him twenty bucks for his trouble. He didn't want to take it, but what 19 year old male can't use a bit of walking around money?

35 degrees here right now with snow predicted tonight. It feels much colder to me right now; I think I might go put on my jammies, my warmest robe, and find a warm blankie to wrap around me. I'd love to curl up and go to sleep, but going to sleep at not even 7:00 in the evening would mean waking up for the day about 3 a.m. and that's just weird.

Suzanne Azhaar

Twenty one degrees this a.m., had to roll out the dumpsters for pickup. Fingers were so cold had to run them under warm tap water for pain relief. Dogs won't be walked until the temp comes up to at least forty. Still need to remove Christmas luminarias off the roof (winds expected late this evening). This is just going to be a 'do it and damn the consequences' kind of day.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Twenty one degrees this a.m., had to roll out the dumpsters for pickup. Fingers were so cold had to run them under warm tap water for pain relief. Dogs won't be walked until the temp comes up to at least forty. Still need to remove Christmas luminarias off the roof (winds expected late this evening). This is just going to be a 'do it and damn the consequences' kind of day.
Let the wind do it for you! ;)

Shanazel

At 25 degrees outside, it's really not that cold. In the house it's probably between 65 and 65, but I am freaking freezing. I went out after work to judge at a grade school science fair and I guess tromping through the snowy parking lots chilled me off. I always feel quite virtuous when I'm done with that particular community service because I really don't enjoy judging science fairs.

Off to find warmer clothing and something hot to drink before returning to my chair and the nice dog who likes to lay on my feet and lower legs.

Greek Bonfire

It's just nasty here. The temperature is colder than usual, and now the snow is starting to come in. We usually get at least one big snowstorm in February; I'm hoping it doesn't storm when I have to take my dog to the vet dentist next week. And when I walk her, she wears the sweater even though her fur is pretty long right now.

Shanazel

Sun is coming out which I hope will improve road conditions by tonight. I have a 3 hour drive home and am not looking forward to driving on bad roads. Snowed some last night and early this morning.

Greek Bonfire

We will be under a storm warning, then watch, for eighteen hours. My problem is tomorrow, which will be possibly treacherous, as I HAVE to take my dog to an oral surgeon, and it took me three months to get this appointment. I don't believe putting it off any longer would be beneficial to my dog, as I have already put it off due to a fractured wrist, then the other injured wrist, then my other dog passed away, and then I made this appointment finally. There is the good possibility that if my dog doesn't get her impacted molars out, sepsis can set in, and she could die, which would devastate me. I am so ready for spring, yet this winter has been a real pain in the butt, as I also was sick for two weeks in January. I think 2022, overall, has been a royal pain so far!

Suzanne Azhaar

We will be under a storm warning, then watch, for eighteen hours. My problem is tomorrow, which will be possibly treacherous, as I HAVE to take my dog to an oral surgeon, and it took me three months to get this appointment. I don't believe putting it off any longer would be beneficial to my dog, as I have already put it off due to a fractured wrist, then the other injured wrist, then my other dog passed away, and then I made this appointment finally. There is the good possibility that if my dog doesn't get her impacted molars out, sepsis can set in, and she could die, which would devastate me. I am so ready for spring, yet this winter has been a real pain in the butt, as I also was sick for two weeks in January. I think 2022, overall, has been a royal pain so far!
Wow! Wishing you a safe journey for tomorrow and good results for dog's surgery. Sounds like 2022 has been harsh for you.

Shanazel

Sending out the best of wishes for your pup's recovery! Drive carefully. I'm headed home this afternoon. My son in law is coming home from work early so I can get out of here by 4 or 4:15, hopefully early enough to beat the worst of the storm that's coming in. This is my next to the last time to make this trip before my daughter and family move south. :cry:

Suzanne Azhaar

Sending out the best of wishes for your pup's recovery! Drive carefully. I'm headed home this afternoon. My son in law is coming home from work early so I can get out of here by 4 or 4:15, hopefully early enough to beat the worst of the storm that's coming in. This is my next to the last time to make this trip before my daughter and family move south. :cry:

Safe journey home for you also.

Daimona

Stay safe everyone.

Just ok winter weather over here. -5C, partly cloudy, partly snowing, nothing extreme.