Oriental Soul, photos, and small review

Maria_Aya

Hi there all :D

If I'm happy? well jumping up and down after 2 days of the show, say's something?
If we had the greatest time? YEP !!!
If we all have a sweet feeling inside us? yep !!!

Well it was just great great great !!!

Backstage we enjoyed it, on-stage we rocked !!!

We had started rehearsing from September 2006 and finaly 6 March 2007 we did it.
The theatre was packed, standing people also !!!

I guess we got some of the energy of the theatre Melina Merkouri inside us.
The audience was unique, clapping and screaming many times lol.
A mix of greeks and arabs, egyptians, syrians, iraqi's and many more.

I would like to thank from my heart:

Our very own Chryssanthi Sahar that was amazing !!!!
At her first show she did Tsifteteli-Oriental and sword !!! at the second (and this was something that arab audience told me, cause i was backstage and couldnt see her) was the definition of Oriental Art !!!

Malek !!! who all are crazy about his Tanura dance and was giving autographs after (and all ladies want his phone lol) plus his Shamadan were on stage one candle fall on him, burned his chest and he continued dancing as nothing happened (audience went Crazy !! ) (later about our duet)

Andreya !!! omg, how much she helped me, on psycological, on ideas, on keeping me sane and OMG her dance !!! both Sha'bi and Gana el Hawa was !!!!

Dimitra with her Khalegee just made the iraqi's and kuweit audience screaming, special when she did with Antouan (our beloved tabla player) the head dance was wowwwwwwww

Irini our sweet greek-german student awww just want to kiss her and squeeze her !!

Miss Roza our literature teacher, what a grace !!! we all adore her

Evi mou, her Azziza performance (me watching backstage) brought me tears on the eyes !!!

Melina with her spicy baladi, Habibi ya Aini made arabs screaming!!!!

Hra, wow, what a dance spirit!!!, her Abdehalim song moved Greek's and Arab's.

Antouan our Iraqi tabla player, what can I say, so professional, and at the end of the show we had a huge fight, because he didnt wanted to get payed, cause he had the best time !!! Great tabla player and person

and Tania, my daughter that gave me a shock at the end coming on stage and dancing with us !!!!

And the audience !!! A mix of greeks and arabs, many people from the bellydance community, old friends, new friends.

And I just have to say something about my duet with Malek and Andreya heping us with the Shisha ... or not you are gonna see it on video;) but have to say that people was screaming and arabs were on a heart attack !!! lol

Well we had the best time, and I thank all for the great experience I lived all these months !!!

Maria Aya, till next time;)

p.s. I've uploaded photos at the photo gallery, (and trying to move them to an album for the Oriental Soul Show, but havent worked this yet)
Some photos are dark (but only with my digital camera) we are still waiting the photos from the photographer

Last edited:

Viv

Sounds like you had a Faboo time and the best of audiences! Congrats!!!!!!!

Aniseteph

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics - it looks like a gorgeous show and everyone having a great time! :dance: :clap:

I'd love to know what was going on with that Shisha dance :D - what about a mini clip on YouTube sometime :pray: please?

chryssanthi sahar

Hi all.

The show was fun fun fun:D I really enjoyed it a lot. We had great fun in the dressing room and on the stage. And we had great audience:D I hope Maria will put some clips of the show in youtube so that you get a better idea of the whole thing:dance:
Maraki mou, thank you so much for organizing this show. I think it was a very important step for the development of Oriental Dance in Greece:clap: . Let's go on with the good work:dance: