Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ignoring other members

Greetings,

Anatoliy and I thought we would bring up a feature that everyone might not know about and that is an "Ignore" feature. If you go to your User CP, and scroll down to the category "Miscellaneous" on the left hand side navigation you will see a buddy/ignore lists link. Click that and you can add a member to your ignore list. That's the second field on that page not the first. Now, when you are reading threads and when the person in your ignore list posts it says "This message is hidden because so and so is on your ignore list."

Moderators cannot use this feature and it will not allow members to "ignore" a moderator or admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Why ignore other members?
    Yasmine

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a pretty common message board feature but it's easy enough to just scroll past messages you're not interested in reading. I can see the value of the ignore button in chat rooms though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    Why ignore other members?
    Yasmine

Some folks just do not want to read the posts of others... This feature allows that to happen.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Some folks just do not want to read the posts of others... This feature allows that to happen.

I guess I can understand others not wanting to read other's posts, however, I love reading other's posts...As long as they are respectful and kind to others...

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I got carried away with the "others" lol, now "OTHERS" may choose to ignore me! Or, maybe OTHERS will choose to read my posts about OTHERS...OK, enough about the others...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    I guess I can understand others not wanting to read other's posts, however, I love reading other's posts...As long as they are respectful and kind to others...
    I guess the problem is that some people define respectful and kind differently. Some people think that expressing an opinion different from their own is mean and oppressive.

Sedonia

Post Thanks / Like

It is just as well moderators can't use the feature- it would never work for me anyway. Curiosity would get me every time.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sedoniaraqs View Post
    I guess the problem is that some people define respectful and kind differently. Some people think that expressing an opinion different from their own is mean and oppressive.

Sedonia
    Yes...You are right! People have different perspectives and ideas on issues. That is the beauty of the world we live in. However, Intelligent people listen to other's perspectives and respect their ideas, although they may not agree with what that person said. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    Yes...You are right! People have different perspectives and ideas on issues. That is the beauty of the world we live in. However, Intelligent people listen to other's perspectives and respect their ideas, although they may not agree with what that person said. Everyone has a right to their opinion.
    I agree
    By the way, is it really necessary to put this "ignore" feature? Well, if I don't find a posting interesting, I just don't read it (to the end), that's all. I can see the use of "ignore" in a chat room, but in the forum? IMO it makes sense only as about private messages (if you don't want to get private messages from certain members)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast