Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe it's harder to understand an ongoing conversation if you ignore certain members, because then you miss parts of the conversation
    Anyway, I never felt a desire to ignore members yet. I hope others don't want to ignore me! Then all my posts would be a waste of time!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chryssanthi sahar View Post
    I agree
    By the way, is it really necessary to put this "ignore" feature? Well, if I don't find a posting interesting, I just don't read it (to the end), that's all. I can see the use of "ignore" in a chat room, but in the forum? IMO it makes sense only as about private messages (if you don't want to get private messages from certain members)

Ditto! If it doesn't look interesting, I just pass it right up...Why let things people post upset you unless it is just mean or cruel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Bint Al Nubia View Post
    Why ignore other members?
    Yasmine
    ....Because they're people like Bin Ro** perhaps ....Just a thought....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuteNurse View Post
    Ditto! If it doesn't look interesting, I just pass it right up...Why let things people post upset you unless it is just mean or cruel.
    Like comments accusing people of trying to deny their religious affiliation, and calling them liars, or trying to convince the world that certain religions are evil.

FALSH BACK, FLASH BACK, BAD ACID TRIP!

Post Thanks / Like

There are some people who are just so mindnumbingly infuriating in their self-absorbtion or bigotry , that it's easier just to block their posts.

Luckily, no one who pushes my buttons that badly posts to this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think it could be useful...some of you may have read my posts where I was talking about some of the negative feelings and wanting bellydance to be positive so I had considered taking a break from the board...although I'm too obessed to do that so I decided not to...then I thought I might just be more choosey about which topics I read...although so far I still haven't done that (unless it looks boring)...if I ever felt someone was being too negative I might would use the feature...right now I don't think I need to though but I'm glad it is there just in case...

Tarik I still have flashbacks of that too!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ignoring

Dear Group,
    A'isha Azar, Closet Muslimah here!!! We have beliefs somewhere between Sunni and Shi'a but we don't let anyone know about them!! Sometimes a liar is one of the NICER things that I am called!!!
    I am not in the habit of ignoring certain people, but will instead ignore topics that are not of interest. I feel rather like Cryssanthi does. If the writer upsets me, I can always not read. Even.... uuummmm, personages, like Bin Ro can say what they want as far as I am concerned. The only topics I feel that I need to read for sure are those in the forum where I am moderator. I am happy, however, that we have moderators that step in when they think things are getting abusive.

Dear Stacy,
    I hate to say it and I hope that you do not take this as negative, but the world of bellydance is fraught with all kinds of negatives. Best to learn to deal with it becasue it is going to happen continually. This is not a world of love and light. You can only control what YOU are going to do and say; not what anyone else will do. There is a lot of disagreement, back biting, back stabbing, etc. I have learned to realize that the dance and the people in the dance are two separate things. I am truly fortunate to have some really wonderful friends in the dance.... but I have also had a lot of negative stuff, too. You learn that the good outweighs the bad, but you also can not ingore the bad or it will come back to bite you.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik Sultan View Post
    Like comments accusing people of trying to deny their religious affiliation, and calling them liars, or trying to convince the world that certain religions are evil.

FALSH BACK, FLASH BACK, BAD ACID TRIP!
    Last edited by Aisha Azar; 03-19-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typos; not nearly enough coffee yet

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, A'isha, about discussing the negatives - I think it is more damaging to pretend everything's hunky dory in the fluffy world of sequins and ignore the rest!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suheir View Post
    I agree with you, A'isha, about discussing the negatives - I think it is more damaging to pretend everything's hunky dory in the fluffy world of sequins and ignore the rest!
    WHEN SEQUINS ATTACK!
    A NEW REALITY SERIES OF ACTUAL FOOTAGE STARING YOUR FAVORATE DANCE PERSONALITIES! COMING TO FOX IN JUNE!

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WHEN A PROFESSIONAL IS CONFRONTED BY AN UNDERCUTTER AT HER REGULAR GIG. WATCH AS EGOS ARE BRUISED AND TEMPERS FLAIR WHEN WANNA BE AUTHORITIES COME FACE TO FACE WITH TEACHERS WHO HAVE ACTUAL IN CULTURE EXPERIENCE.

YOU WONT WANT TO MISS AS THE CHIFFON FLIES AND SKIRTS ARE RIPPED IN

WHEN SEQUINES ATTACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Default When Sequins attack

Dear Tarik,
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was hilarious!

I was in a club one night when a brand spanking ( probably literally if I know anything about the owner!!) new dancer did the first show. The dancer who had been there for years was PISSED!! She did the second show and danced better than she had in years!! She had no warning. She just showed up to work and here was this lovely young thing who danced her heart out and the house dancer felt both threatened and angry. Frankly, though her dancing had been getting lazy, the owner could have at least warned her. It was handled very badly... and is very typical of what kinds of stuff does happen and all club dancers know.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast