V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Dear Tarik, would the second movie in the series be a sequinal? Shanazel
    *groan*

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik Sultan View Post
    Like comments accusing people of trying to deny their religious affiliation, and calling them liars, or trying to convince the world that certain religions are evil.

FALSH BACK, FLASH BACK, BAD ACID TRIP!
    Yes exactly, there is no reason to be-little or put down others who have different believes or religions. Accept them for who they are and respect their differences. If it is upsetting, just pass it up and let it be. Everyone has a right to their believes. Afterall, everyone is here for entertainment, to enjoy social time with other belly dancers and to learn information about BDing.
    It is supposed to be enjoyable to all.

Post Thanks / Like

A'isha, unfortunately I'm sure you're right about the belly dance world being fraught with negatives...

A'isha/Suheir, I'm not really suggesting trying to block all the bad out all the time...it is good to deal with it or not let it bother you at all but if it does begin to overwhelm you if you can block a little of it out till you're back feeling better, what is the harm in that?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the ignore feature is an excellent feature. Sometimes people get to a point where they just do not want to deal with another person anymore. I know people have left the forum because of conflict with others. With the ignore feature it let's people not get sucked into escalating confrontation by simply not showing that person's post. Only on the internet, right? Can you imagine being able to 'mute' your boss or roomate's boyfriend etc. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    Can you imagine being able to 'mute' your boss or roomate's boyfriend etc. LOL.
    Heh heh... what I want is a real life 'Ignore' feature that does just that

I've never used the forum's 'Ignore' feature and I don't think I would if I could use it. Usually if there's a part that doesn't interest me in a thread I'm reading, I merely scan that part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sstacy123 View Post
    ...it is good to deal with it or not let it bother you at all but if it does begin to overwhelm you if you can block a little of it out till you're back feeling better, what is the harm in that?
    I don't think I'd use the ignore thing because I'm TOO NOSEY . But I can see it being a useful tool if you have the discipline to use it, when you are heading for forum overload and keep getting drawn into discussions rather than do the ironing, hem that skirt that has been waiting for weeks, vacuum a bit, go to bed on time etc etc etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ignore, etc

Dear Salome,
    Samirah Shuruk once tried to palm off on me that someone left the forum because of one of my posts. My immediate thought was, boy, talk about not taking responsibility for one's own actions!! Blame it on the other guy if you get too mad to deal with something that you merely read on a forum, I guess. I consider it to be just plain silliness if a person would leave a forum becasue of anyone else's posts.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Call me silly then, I've left one forum in the past because I was so apalled at the conversation that was going on...it's been some years but I still remember what the conversation was about...

Post Thanks / Like

hehehehe!!!
    mute 'em ALL (boyfriends, HUSBANDS....(have one of those... right NOW, I am in LUV!!!!!... but who knows tomorrow.... the ONLY thing (besides our living gene pool!! ) that has kept us together has been my (recently developed) ability to IGNORE verbal sewage!!!!)
    but yeah... I am too nosey too!!!
    so no mut-ations on line for me!!!
    I LOVE to hear others points of view...
    EVEN IF I argue insessantly for my own!!!!!
    keep up the good fight girls!!! (ok.... women! & the occasional man!!!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast