Why are you here?

Which describes you best?

• Just like the dance (but no plans to learn)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Don't dance yet but might learn one day

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Student/amateur, dancing less than six months

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 6 months to 2 years

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 2-5 years

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 2-5 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 5-10 years

• 5-10 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

• Student/amateur, dancing over 10 years

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Over 10 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Aniseteph

Seeing all these posts I notice I haven't said which is me :doh: 2-5 years amateur/student.

And I'm here because in real non-cyberspace life people don't realise how fascinating all things belly dance are, and don't want to go on and on about it... I know, VERY strange but there you go. And it's great to chat to people all over the world. (My teacher emailed out the clip of Tarik doing his Shisha dance and I was pathetically smug about knowing who he is. :rolleyes: )

:yay: (been wanting to use the banana smiley for AGES!)

Thara

HI!
I'm 6 months to 2 years student. I joined because i would learn as much as i can about bellydance.

milky

Find more friends and information on bellydance.

There are more professional and experienced bellydancers here than that in my country. I love bellydance though I've been learning it for less than six months. I wanna go further...:)

Sara

2-5 years.

I'm here cause I'm a chatterbox really and I can't shut up, so I come here and talk instead of annoying my family. Also I like all the people and I can learn a lot and I figure that this way I don't burst!

:dance:

Outi

I have been dancing since 1992. Now I'm dancing in Cairo and teaching workhshops.

I came here to talk about dance and meet other people all over the world. During the last two years I have been in Cairo, it's so nice to hear what's happening in Europe and listen all the news from outside.

Makeda Maysa

I've been studying for almost four years now - various styles: American Cabaret (Classical American, American Orientale, Vintage American ... whatever you want to call it), Egyptian, Lebanese, American Tribal Style, tribal fusion. I just ventured into the professional dance world as I am one of the newest members of the Niraja Dance Company.

I joined this forum because I love bellydance, but sadly, my husband, friends and family do not. Since I wanted to talk about it/learn about it with more than just my troupe members, I figured I should find somewhere else to do so. I don't post here often, but I read daily. I love the wealth of information I can find here, both from experienced dancers and those who are new to the dance. I don't join the cat fights, but they sure do make for interesting reading!

Shanazel

I'd like to know, too, Donya. I've thought a lot about you since you announced you were moving to Cairo.

Mouse

I fall into the 2-5 year student bracket and I'm here because all of my family and non BD friends develop a vacant glassy-eyed look as soon as I open my mouth about bellydance :lol:

belly_dancer

34 years and still shimmying (a little slower on some days)
but at super shimmy pace most days.

Belly_Dancer, you're just a kid! ;)

I wish!!!! (nah.... maybe not!!!!) .... but thanks... you made my day... (as I am off this evening to dance with bunches of 20 somethings!!!)... will shimmy my @*$ off for YOU tonight!!!!! (& all us over 40's!!!)