Why are you here?

Which describes you best?

• Just like the dance (but no plans to learn)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Don't dance yet but might learn one day

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Student/amateur, dancing less than six months

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 6 months to 2 years

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 2-5 years

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 2-5 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Student/amateur, dancing 5-10 years

• 5-10 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

• Student/amateur, dancing over 10 years

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Over 10 years experience, teaching or dancing professionally

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Aniseteph

Why are we here?

No, not a deep philosophical question, just a nosey poll to see who we are!

Never posted a poll before so here goes....

Last edited:

Alyx

Just joined today...found this while researching male belly dancers...wow...saw some on You-Tube that blew me away. Been taking B/D at adult night school for a couple of years...always wanted to do it since I was a child...always loved the dance form as a child.

gwinity

Gosh, I'm already in the 6-months-to-2-years category! Go me! :D

I joined up to pick brains about technique, costuming and generally have a supportive community to chat to (without the eye-rolling and 'here she goes again'-ness of my non-dancing friends).

gisela

Super Moderator
2-5 years amateur/student. Would love to teach and dance proffessionally in the future, when I know more.

Joined the forum because it seemed like a fantastic way of learning a lot about the backgrounds and styles of oriental dance, as well as reading about other dancers issues or explanations. Great. And as a bonus, discovering the neverending bellydance-material on youtube.

da Sage

I started lurking here back in 2004 because I loved seeing what all the professional bellydancers had to say! I started taking classes again in 2005, and I think I will be studying belly dance for many more years.:cool:

KuteNurse

I have been practicing for about 2 months now...A total newbie! lol I am glad to see according to the statistics that there are many very experienced dancers to give advice and to learn from.

chryssanthi sahar

Wow, I was very glad to see that we have so many experienced dancers/instructors here:D Well I also belong to the category "over 10 years dancing/teaching" (in my case it is over 20 years dancing and over 10 years teaching;) )

Kharmine

Gee, I saw that and thought, "I'm been trying to figure that out all of my life!"

Oh. Well, because my husband is a good man but bored by my belly dance talk. No one in our family belly dances. None of my friends outside of class belly dance.

Thank heaven for this forum!

Zurah

Student amateur, 2-5 years (wow, has it really been that long?). No plans of ever going pro, either teaching or performing, although whenever the occassion comes up, I like to demonstrate basic moves to anyone who shows the slightest curiosity, hoping to convert them :lol: None of my pals outside class has any interest in bellydance either, and I refuse to bore them with my obsessions (although that never stopped anyone from boring me with theirs... heh).

Moon

6 months to 2 years student

I joined the forum because I was looking for bellydance-related stuff on the internet, then I found this website and browsed the forum for a few weeks and when I found out how many useful advice one could get here (and saw it was not a professionals-forum but there were also a lot of students here), I signed up.

Yshka

I voted for the 2-5 years experience. I do occasionally fill in for my teacher, assist in class, am part of a dance troupe and sometimes perform on a professional level, ;). I'm hoping to be as professional as I can possibly be at this stage. I hope to get much further in the future :pray:

I also joined because, after lurking for a while, I found it so interesting I wanted to participate, you all are so much fun and it's great to learn from you:D Besides, it's an international place with so many different dancers, and such friendly and helpful atmosphere. It IS a great forum!

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Why are we here?

Dear Group,
I joined because a friend of mine told me about "a great new forum". She was correct!!
On July 1st, 1974, I took my first belly dance lesson. It was the start of a love affair that has lasted 33 years so far... almost as long as my marraige!! ( I can really run with a theme!!)
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited: