Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been taught that that move is the "smimmy walk" or the Egyptian shimmy - must be a regional teacher thng. I like how relaxed she is and that she doesn't overdo the moves. She looks as if when she's dancing it's is the easiest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Charity,
    The move that I am doing is a 3/4 shimmy. However... my students are instructed to do whatever shimmy they like best. So, if you are not comfortable executing a 3/4 shimmy, then do a different one.
    It's all about reducing performance stress and having fun.
    Have a great day,
    Cassiopeia

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    i love Cassiopeia. for me she has been an excellent source for belly dance moves. right now i am trying to learn the above choreography.

she has a 7 minute drum choreography, allegedly beginner level , but i am not there yet.
    Thanks Mouse and Charity! She is great to learn from! Funny how you can learn these moves over the internet...Just think, 10 years ago, one could not learn belly dancing this easily...Even by DVD's! Technology is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassiopeia View Post
    Hi Charity,
    The move that I am doing is a 3/4 shimmy. However... my students are instructed to do whatever shimmy they like best. So, if you are not comfortable executing a 3/4 shimmy, then do a different one.
    It's all about reducing performance stress and having fun.
    Have a great day,
    Cassiopeia
    Yay - Cassiopeia! I love your clips, especially all those lovely controlled shimmies... wish I could de-stress about them but nothing I do seems to make it any easier. Egyptian walk? no probs. Shimmying over a horizontal figure 8? In my dreams...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    Yay - Cassiopeia! I love your clips, especially all those lovely controlled shimmies... wish I could de-stress about them but nothing I do seems to make it any easier. Egyptian walk? no probs. Shimmying over a horizontal figure 8? In my dreams...
    was just teaching this today... the secret to shimmy-ing over the horizontal figure 8=.... keep those heels ON the ground.... & the 8 totally
    horizontal.... then start with a real slow even rythymic shimmy.... only go as fast as you can... keeping it rythymic.... then SLOWLY build up speed... do this every time you brush your teeth!!!
    does this make sense???

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's she doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Marisha View Post
    I like how relaxed she is and that she doesn't overdo the moves. She looks as if when she's dancing it's is the easiest thing in the world.
    Thank You! I try like heck to get that look!

Have a wonderful day!

Cassiopeia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12