Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That Valencia person sucks.. I can even see that from one picture.

Post Thanks / Like

i can not open the website ...just see a picture from pfffffffffffff i dont know what she is for sure not a bellydancer....yak i dont know how to deal kind of ,,artists,, sorry i am to old fashion for this i geuss.......sssssssssst lydia be kind!!!!! have a great day everybody....huggy,s Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody here speak Slovenian (or is it Slovakian)? The web page is in Slovenian, so I cannot really understand what it says about this belly dance contest.
    Shall I tell my honest opinion? I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them. If they would hire good professional belly dancers, it would be quite expensive, because except accommodation and travelling costs, they would have to pay also fee for the performance (which wouldn't be too cheap. Me for example wouldn't dance for less than 1000€ in this case and I believe most established belly dancers would ask about this price). Through this "competition", they gather a whole bunch of dancers ( I assume that they have a kind of preselection, which means that they probably invite the ones whose looks they like the most, because I'm sure that one has to send also pictures for applying) for the price that they would otherwise pay for 2-3 professional dancers.
    Do I have a too big fantasy? I don't think so, I've seen, heard and experienced quite some things in my more than 20 years career as a belly dancer .

Post Thanks / Like

chrissanthy i think you hit the nail!!! the bad thing is more and more people and agents and hotels al around the globe having this great way of doing this business in this way lately...Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you, Chryssanthi. Just take a look at that picture of that horrible slutty woman, there was even a reason to censure it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chryssanthi sahar View Post
    I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them. If they would hire good professional belly dancers, it would be quite expensive, because except accommodation and travelling costs, they would have to pay also fee for the performance (which wouldn't be too cheap. Me for example wouldn't dance for less than 1000€ in this case and I believe most established belly dancers would ask about this price). Through this "competition", they gather a whole bunch of dancers ( I assume that they have a kind of preselection, which means that they probably invite the ones whose looks they like the most, because I'm sure that one has to send also pictures for applying) for the price that they would otherwise pay for 2-3 professional dancers.
    I agree, and also I wonder...who will be in the jury? Someone really professional? Or some owner of the touristic agency...as usual?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chryssanthi sahar View Post
    I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them.
    Exactly. I am also concerned that if a dancer refuses to dance in the "Miss Exotica" portion of the competition, that maybe the organizers will try to present her with a bill for her accomodations, and refuse to refund her traveling expenses. But maybe I am just paranoid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da Sage View Post
    Exactly. I am also concerned that if a dancer refuses to dance in the "Miss Exotica" portion of the competition, that maybe the organizers will try to present her with a bill for her accomodations, and refuse to refund her traveling expenses. But maybe I am just paranoid.
    You surely are not paranoid. I could imagine that something like this could happen (of course we cannot know if it would really happen, but it is possible).
    I think all people who are serious about belly dancing should boycott such kind of "contests". They are absolutely worthless and useless. They are the exploitation of young and inexperienced belly dancers. Unless if you want to have a 2-day holiday on some yacht, but even then the time is too short to enjoy it. The whole think sounds like stress without benefit.
    By the way, what is the winner supposed to get as price? There was nothing concrete about it. They said something about gifts and money, but not what gifts and how much money. Maybe the first price is to spend a night with the president of the yachting club on his private yacht Really clever way to have 60 belly dancers performing for the price of 6

Post Thanks / Like

The poster says that all the slots for US dancers are taken up. I wonder if this means they don't want to fly US dancers out there? That would cost a lot more than $200 euro. Also, note there is no information about the type of "accomodation." Are the dancers staying in a barn? In the cargo hold of the yacht? In king sized beds with silk sheets?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ariella View Post
    In king sized beds with silk sheets?
    In king-sized beds with silk sheets and a "very special client"?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast