Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't know what Exotica is. A brand, yes, but a brand of what??? Shoes? Cars? Milk products?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dipali View Post
    Hello Noura, I dont think so, We hear a lot of things about this kind of competetion where the organisers lure the innocent Belly dancers to dance for something else. (Not the bunch of mad belly dancers in this forum, They are not so innocent.)

Welcome to the forum by the way. And dont forget to post some pics of the competition in Slovenia at the gallery section.
    Regards
    I understand what you are saying but the word Exotica just means that which refers to exotic things or objects. Well I thing we can all agree that belly dance is something exotic as in, another part of the world or foreign.

It's right to be cautious but I think the fact that they contracted our troupe of men and women to make a theatrical performance of our show during the contest hopefully indicates that they are above board and genuine in their intention.

I hope to be able to return to report the same afterwards and hopefully if they sustain the contest into a second year maybe some from here will be there.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point Noura, I hope you and your troupe will have fun

But why can no-one tell me what kind of brand exotica is???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    That's a good point Noura, I hope you and your troupe will have fun

But why can no-one tell me what kind of brand exotica is???
    I dont think when he said brand he was quite correct with his English. I dont think he was referring to branding as for example different brands of coffee. I think he was more trying to tell you that it was just the name of the promotions company and as such is just a name.

But I will get someone to check for Exotica while we are there, just in case!

Post Thanks / Like

"It's right be cautious." Period. No buts.

Unfortunately, it's an old, old scam to have some person pretend to be a neutral third party to try to reassure a potential victim that the original scammer can be trusted.

Not saying Noura is not legit -- just making the point we seem to know as little about her as we do about this mysterious event's sponsors.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I can assure you that my association is only with the troupe "Celestial Dancers" - You can see a little or who we are from the link to our website in my profile.

I don't believe you intended any rudeness in your comment, but I also know nothing of anyone on here and I am sure you don't have personal knowledge of every other single member. But this isn't why I am here.

As I said look to our site, which is unfortunately in need of a little bit of an update but you will see from there that we are a genuine performance troupe.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Noura, it looks like a belly dancing troupe, however, nothing is in English so I do not understand anything.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I have to follow my instincts on this one. It just doesn't sit right and there are too many "?"s and no accuracy in events. I Just dont trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Noura,

I really like the photos on your site. I'm curious, what country is your troupe in? And is swinging poi (the flaming strings) as popular in Europe as it is here in the U.S.A.?

Post Thanks / Like

Our troupe is from Romania. Yes, as I said the site is in need of some update, especially to also put into English language. Under spectacole you can also see some small videos from the show to get more of an idea of how we perform, I am sure you will agree it is something purely artistic and theatrical.

The fire poi is something we introduced into the show, they are generally still more popular in Western Europe and I guess the US but the use of it fits very well into the story of our performance of 1001 Nights.