Invitation to participate on the 1st World Competition in Oriental Dance

YC MAGIC STAR

1st WORLD ORIENTAL DANCE COMPETITION 2007
Celje - SLOVENIA

Every woman is beautiful regardless of her weight and measurements. The most important thing is the spirit of her dance, charisma, life optimism and a smile on the face.

No entry fees, accommodation and transportation costs all covered

Dear dancer,

We would like to invite you to participate to the 1st world championship in oriental dance, organized by Yacht Club Magic Star from Slovenia

The competition will take place from 20th - 29th of April in CELJE (Slovenia) .

This is going to be a fun and friendly yet professional competition, anyone can enter regardless of age, size, ethnicity, oriental dance experiences etc.

This is an exciting competition to encourage oriental dancers to improve their dancing and performance skills. Competitions are way to stimulate and encourage personal growth and help people to excel in something they enjoy as well as giving a sense of achievement.

This competition will be an exclusive show where oriental dancers from all over the world and the best turbo folk musician are going to be performing.

Every oriental dancer knows about the famous THOUSAND and ONE NIGHTS dance show. One of the best dance group - Celestial Dancers from Romania are going to perform for you.

As a contestant, you will be able to participate in MISS BELLY DANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION which will take place on this the same 1st world oriental dance competition.
Our motto is:
Every woman is beautiful regardless of her weight and measurements. The most important thing in this contest is the spirit of her dance, charisma, life optimism and a smile on the face.

There are absolutely no entry or hidden fees to participate on this competition!

If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter in Slovenia we can help you with visa procedure.

Travel costs and accommodation with 2 meals per day will be covered by us. This is a very rare opportunity, mostly of the competitions don’t cover any of contestant’s expenses.

The first three winners will receive medals and gifts from our sponsors consisting in different goods and money but the most important award will be yours recognition, self promotion. If you have your own oriental dance costumes line you are welcome to make a rainway show and sell it. Decision how to promote yourself is yours.

Only the first 60 requests will be taken into a consideration for participation to the 1st world oriental dance competition. If you are a serious candidate, we advise you to register as soon as possible.

REGISTER, BE THERE! THIS IS THE PLACE TO SEE AND BE SEEN!

For more informations, register form and rules do not hesitate to contact us :
EMAIL : info@missship.com
PHONE: + 386 41 968 408

da Sage

That is a very generous proposition! Is the contest April of this year...this month?

Edit:
I am very curious how your organization can afford to offer free accomodations and travel expenses, especially with no stated limits on where the dancers may travel from. At perhaps $1000 US/dancer for travel costs, that could easily be $60,000 in costs even before the venue is paid for.

Last edited:

YC MAGIC STAR

All Nationalities Welcome

Hi,

The competition is going to start this year , on april 20th.

The accomodation is free, the transportation is going to be paid up to 200 $ euros for dancers from Europe , the us competition group is full already.

Send us email and we will send you invitation , registration form , rules- terms and conditions and everything you want or need to know. e mail :

info@missship.com

Hope, you had a wonderfull holidays!

YC MAGIC STAR

Maria_Aya

Awww what a pitty that same dates I will be at Egypt and not having the GREAT opportunity to participate at the:

" MISS BELLY DANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION which will take place on this the same 1st world oriental dance competition."

Which we know is the dream of every serious bellydancer to participate at the MISS BELLYDANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION.

;)

chryssanthi sahar

Which we know is the dream of every serious bellydancer to participate at the MISS BELLYDANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION.

;)

Rats! I'm gonna miss this dream competition too:rolleyes: How am I gonna survive this:( The huuuuge chance to become a belly dance suuuuperstar:lol: What is the title you win? Miss Belly dance of the Sun System, the Galaxy and the entire Universe? Queen of the Planets and the Cosmos?

da Sage

Or perhaps the competition takes place aboard a cruise ship, and that's where the participants are lodged.

If the ship is at sea, it would be difficult for a disenchanted dancer to disembark.:think:

Lydia

i can not open the website ...just see a picture from pfffffffffffff i dont know what she is for sure not a bellydancer....yak i dont know how to deal kind of ,,artists,, sorry i am to old fashion for this i geuss.......sssssssssst lydia be kind!!!!! have a great day everybody....huggy,s Lydia

chryssanthi sahar

Does anybody here speak Slovenian (or is it Slovakian)? The web page is in Slovenian, so I cannot really understand what it says about this belly dance contest.
Shall I tell my honest opinion? I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them. If they would hire good professional belly dancers, it would be quite expensive, because except accommodation and travelling costs, they would have to pay also fee for the performance (which wouldn't be too cheap. Me for example wouldn't dance for less than 1000€ in this case and I believe most established belly dancers would ask about this price). Through this "competition", they gather a whole bunch of dancers ( I assume that they have a kind of preselection, which means that they probably invite the ones whose looks they like the most, because I'm sure that one has to send also pictures for applying) for the price that they would otherwise pay for 2-3 professional dancers.
Do I have a too big fantasy? :think: I don't think so, I've seen, heard and experienced quite some things in my more than 20 years career as a belly dancer:rolleyes: .

Lydia

chrissanthy i think you hit the nail!!! the bad thing is more and more people and agents and hotels al around the globe having this great way of doing this business in this way lately...Lydia

Moon

I believe you, Chryssanthi. Just take a look at that picture of that horrible slutty woman, there was even a reason to censure it!

emina

I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them. If they would hire good professional belly dancers, it would be quite expensive, because except accommodation and travelling costs, they would have to pay also fee for the performance (which wouldn't be too cheap. Me for example wouldn't dance for less than 1000€ in this case and I believe most established belly dancers would ask about this price). Through this "competition", they gather a whole bunch of dancers ( I assume that they have a kind of preselection, which means that they probably invite the ones whose looks they like the most, because I'm sure that one has to send also pictures for applying) for the price that they would otherwise pay for 2-3 professional dancers.

I agree, and also I wonder...who will be in the jury? Someone really professional? Or some owner of the touristic agency...as usual?:think:

da Sage

I believe that the people who organize this contest just want to have some good looking sexy girls who will dance for their guests, but they don't want to spend too much money for them.

Exactly. I am also concerned that if a dancer refuses to dance in the "Miss Exotica" portion of the competition, that maybe the organizers will try to present her with a bill for her accomodations, and refuse to refund her traveling expenses. But maybe I am just paranoid.

chryssanthi sahar

Exactly. I am also concerned that if a dancer refuses to dance in the "Miss Exotica" portion of the competition, that maybe the organizers will try to present her with a bill for her accomodations, and refuse to refund her traveling expenses. But maybe I am just paranoid.

You surely are not paranoid. I could imagine that something like this could happen (of course we cannot know if it would really happen, but it is possible).
I think all people who are serious about belly dancing should boycott such kind of "contests". They are absolutely worthless and useless. They are the exploitation of young and inexperienced belly dancers. Unless if you want to have a 2-day holiday on some yacht, but even then the time is too short to enjoy it. The whole think sounds like stress without benefit.
By the way, what is the winner supposed to get as price? There was nothing concrete about it. They said something about gifts and money, but not what gifts and how much money. Maybe the first price is to spend a night with the president of the yachting club on his private yacht :lol: Really clever way to have 60 belly dancers performing for the price of 6:lol:

Ariella

The poster says that all the slots for US dancers are taken up. I wonder if this means they don't want to fly US dancers out there? That would cost a lot more than $200 euro. Also, note there is no information about the type of "accomodation." Are the dancers staying in a barn? In the cargo hold of the yacht? In king sized beds with silk sheets?