Invitation to participate on the 1st World Competition in Oriental Dance

YC MAGIC STAR

about the competition

Hi to all,

The site New Page 2 is under construction, therefore is not much informations about the oriental dance competition.

EXOTICA is new brand under which name different things are going to be marketed. One of them is competition in belly dance.

The part of promotions for EXOTICA brand are going to be a group of oriental dancers who are going to promote this brand. The promotion of EXOTICA brand dont have anything to do with sluting, neither the competition in Slovenia.

Exotica owns the missship.com web site and it is organizator for the competition in Slovenia under EXOTICA version and the moto of this competition is:
Every woman is beautiful regardless of her weight and
measurements.The most important thing is the spirit of her dance, charisma, life optimism and a smile on the face.

Covered travel costs up to 200 euros are for dancers from Europe, dancers from overseas gets covered more.we mostly got applicants from Europe, 2 from USA. If any dancer wants to compete and it is not from Europe is welcome to do so.
Accomodation is 4 star hotel , 2 meals provided.

I wrote that you can get all infos via email, you could get all those you were asking on forum already answered.

I believe many competitions in belly dance are outside there, one of those is in Slovenia. If any of you wants to get better recognition, self-promotion ,the options for further work such as workshops you are welcome to compete. Every eyes have own painter. You might not win the competition but I QUARANTIE you are going to have a great time, nice vacation and specially you will get recognition and options for further bookings$, not just in Slovenia but in other countries.

Slovenia is very small country in the heart of south Europe, sourounded with many countries from where guests and visitors will come to watch you.

You are welcome to come,

YC MAGIC STAR

Yshka

Whatever they say, the competition still sounds fishy. The poster on the website Moon was talking about (Valencia thing) says it all, outdated or not:rolleyes:

KuteNurse

I am not sure how to take that website. One minute I laugh and think it is humorous, the next I am thinking...What if somebody actually falls for it and they get hurt? Who is the person who is posting this? I am wondering if she should not be banned from the forum to protect the innocent?

Ariella

EXOTICA is new brand under which name different things are going to be marketed. One of them is competition in belly dance.

So is this a bellydance competition to promote "EXOTICA?" What type of brand if EXOTICA? I did some quick googling and didn't find much.

Yshka

KuteNurse, you do have a point. I don't know really what to do with this person. I think one can judge by the posts below the advertisement (some of which from very experienced people) in this thread not to go through with it. It sounds unsafe anyhow. I also fear a bit for people who will believe this crap and get hurt in some way though.

Last edited:

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
You mean someone will believe this? :lol:

Moon

Oh lol it isn't censure, or it's subtile censure ;)

You mean that's not an authentic bellydancer Anatoliy? :think:

Hm... maybe you're right, she's as authentic as her hair colour is real :lol:

chryssanthi sahar

If any of you wants to get better recognition, self-promotion ,the options for further work such as workshops you are welcome to compete.
[YC MAGIC STAR

Better recognition by whom? And who is going to arrange workshops, where will they find place and according to what criteria? Who is going to judge the dancers during the competition? Who are the belly dance expert members of the jury? Can you tell us some names, that are internationally recognized in the belly dance community? I doubt.

You might not win the competition but I QUARANTIE you are going to have a great time, nice vacation and specially you will get recognition and options for further bookings$, not just in Slovenia but in other countries.
[YC MAGIC STAR

Well maybe it will be nice vacation (although too short for a vacation) and great time, but it surely won't be very useful for the career as a belly dancer. Not the participation in contests, but the good work is the best promotion.
By the way, I join Ariella with her question: who is EXOTICA and what is the purpose of it?

KuteNurse

Thanks for the experience chryssanthi sahar. It didn't look right to me somehow, but I don't have to experience to tear it apart.

Azeeza

What if this is something as horrible as human trafficking?? Something to be extremely wary of, in my humble opinion.

Azeeza

chryssanthi sahar

Thanks for the experience chryssanthi sahar. It didn't look right to me somehow, but I don't have to experience to tear it apart.

Well, I could tear it even more apart, but I have no time, because I'm leaving for Egypt in some hours:lol:
I don't think that it is something dangerous though. I think it is just what I said before: those people try to gather as many belly dancers as possible, paying as few money as possible. I could imagine that it can even be fun participating, if one feels like having a two day holiday without great costs, but for sure it is useless for the career (maybe unless for night club dancers. It could be that the sexy babes get some bookings out of such a contest. But the thing with the workshops is just a joke).

chryssanthi sahar

Thank you Mr. YC MAGIC STAR for being honest. :lol: Everyone who wants to be quarantined in Slovenia get in line!

Haha, do you think that it is human trafficking:lol: ? Well, I don't know, after all they make it public in a wide forum. Nevertheless, it is nothing I would recommend to participate:naghty:

YC MAGIC STAR

Once again,

The flyer on the website have nothing to do with the competition!

Web site is under constraction, i did say this before, therefore have no idea where you get connections from the picture, site and competition.

Exotica is a brend who will be working in many different fields. Promotion is a part of marketing. The group of dancers - who dont compete in this competition in Slovenia will be promoting Exotica brand. We choose oriental dancers as promotion stuff , because oriental dance is attractive as a dance! to make the group we did not look for sexy oriental dancers but one they love this dance and also they like the brand. Brand is a new and is getting recognition.

The competition program with aside program(festival of tribal dance and music) will go on for 9 days not 2! therefore - 9 days vacation not 2,

Recognition, the one who is asking how those competitiors will get recognited or by who.
The oriental dance is getting very popular not just in Slovenia but in the whole middle and east Europe. It is hard to hire someone just by looking at the website, actually to see a dancer or a group to do a show helps a lot. I have no idea what kind of promotion you do for yourself, if you go to the festivals and competitions. Or maybe you have enough work to do and you are booked all year in advance. I am happy for you if you are.

Please dont say things if you dont know how they stand. I think I did explain the situation around the competition as much as I could, any further informations will answer only via e-mail.

Lydia

Dear sir...,,magic star,, please understand that what you display has nothing to do with oriental dancing, and it is upsetting and offending to many people what you are promoting ,if you have real good intenttion like what you pretend,get some education on this subject,what you show now is a disgrace to this artform i dont think that any real dancer needs the kind of promotion that you are offering.....i wish you a pleasant day Lydia

Yshka

YC MAGIC STAR said:
The flyer on the website have nothing to do with the competition!
Web site is under constraction, i did say this before, therefore have no idea where you get connections from the picture, site and competition.
(...)
to make the group we did not look for sexy oriental dancers but one they love this dance and also they like the brand. Brand is a new and is getting recognition.
(...)
It is hard to hire someone just by looking at the website, actually to see a dancer or a group to do a show helps a lot.
(...)
Please dont say things if you dont know how they stand.

Well I'm sorry, but I think you are the one who doesn't know "how they stand".
First of all, posting the Valencia flyer on the website of your company, the company ORGANISING the competition does relate the poster to the competition because this poster just IS on the website of your company. Posting a picture like this, though outdated, will just offend every bellydancer in their right mind. Bellydance isn't about scantily clad women squatting over a tabla going all 'oh-look-I'm-so-sexy". Posting this picture on your website makes very clear what the company feels a bellydancer should look like. If you don't think bellydance is like that, than why is the picture on the site? By the way, the poster says "7-7-2007". IMO that is not outdated, that is putting up a poster before the event is going to take place. You're not very good at making valid excuses either I'd say..

Second, how can ANYONE like the brand if you don't tell us what it is? I could also say I'm making up a brand that works in many different fields, but if I don't come up with concrete evidence of what the brand is and what is does, in which fields it works etc. It's hard to believe.

Third, Its not hard to hire someone by their website. There are loads of respectable, well-experienced dancers out there that do many different things. Every self-respecting, experienced dancer will have pictures, information about what they do and detailed description of the experience they have right there for you to read. Pick whichever you like...
IMO this is just some excuse not to be completely honest, again..

Forth, well this goes for you too. Please don't try tosay things if you dont know how they stand.

Fifth, I second Lydia's comment. It's a disgrace to our art.

Fine, rant is over.

Dear Chryssanthi, have a lovely time in Egypt:D !
Ariella... hehe.. tabla humping...:lol:

Last edited: