Invitation to participate on the 1st World Competition in Oriental Dance

da Sage

Hi YC Magic Star,

I don't know what EXOTICA means in Slovenian (I've been reading up on your language, it sounds interesting), but in English an "exotic dancer" means a "naked dancer", or stripper. This explains some of the negative feedback you've been getting.

The submissive, cleavage-displaying photo of the dancer on your website doesn't help our impressions any. I personally appreciate her look, but it makes me wonder what sort of show she does.

I wish you best of luck with your competition, but there have been many cases of dancers being lured into unsafe, exploitative situations with the promise of a job. Because the promoters are not well-known, caution is appropriate.

As for promoting the EXOTICA brand, I would want to know what products are in the EXOTICA line before I signed on to promote it. Are we talking energy drinks, beer, clothing, condoms, suntan lotion? I once wound up performing for a "cause" I am vehemently against, because the director of our group didn't tell us the details. I found out when I was onstage, and I seriously considered walking off. Professionalism won out over ethics that time. Now I am professional enough to get the details of any gig I perform at.

Recnadocir

Awww what a pitty that same dates I will be at Egypt and not having the GREAT opportunity to participate at the:

" MISS BELLY DANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION which will take place on this the same 1st world oriental dance competition."

Which we know is the dream of every serious bellydancer to participate at the MISS BELLYDANCE EXOTICA COMPETITION.

;)
Tsk tsk Maria Aya, such cynicism, from one so young and naive!

p.s. to da Sage: "Exotica" does sound like a brand of "marital aids" doesn't it?

Last edited:

leila_yu

Well, Maria Aya, bitchy as always!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. That girl from the poster is really a dancer!! I saw her once....:shok: :shok:
She even has some kind of website, I can't remember, but if I find it I'll post it..

KuteNurse

Tsk tsk Maria Aya, such cynicism, from one so young and naive!

p.s. to da Sage: "Exotica" does sound like a brand of "marital aids" doesn't it?

Grrrr....Why don't you and Leila be a bit more respectful and if you KNOW information about this competition, post it in a positive and informative manner, rather than put down someone else. EVERYONE else here is respectful of others opinions. That is called being educated.

Recnadocir

Dear KuteNurse,

I read the posting that started this thread, that's enough. Excludes males, doesn't it? In fact, pretty clearly implies that belly dance is for women only.

ninocka

If I may interrupt this debate...
All this fuss about this Exotica competition is really absurd!
If you have read the whole invitation, with all the respect to the organisation team from Yacht Club Magic Star from Slovenia - this is 1st world championship in oriental dance, at least what they could do is to hire some professional reader to correct some mistakes written in their invitation.
That means being educated.
That was the first thing I noticed and didn't like (but that's only my opinion), and there are some more...

KuteNurse

Dear KuteNurse,

I read the posting that started this thread, that's enough. Excludes males, doesn't it? In fact, pretty clearly implies that belly dance is for women only.

I did not see anything referring to belly dancing is for men only and I am sorry if I missed that. As a matter of fact if you will do a search of my posts, I admire male BDer's. I openly told one that I admired his style and that he had a lot to teach others.

What I was referring to was: making sure when you post, not to be negative toward others in this forum. I have NEVER seen Maria to be anything but kind to others here. I admire her for her gracious heart and kind spirit and she has taught me a many things since I have applied to this forum. I am certain if anything was said, it just came out the wrong way or you perceived it the wrong way. Just be careful what you say about others and how it comes out. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. And...I am not referring to just you.

KuteNurse

If I may interrupt this debate...
All this fuss about this Exotica competition is really absurd!
If you have read the whole invitation, with all the respect to the organisation team from Yacht Club Magic Star from Slovenia - this is 1st world championship in oriental dance, at least what they could do is to hire some professional reader to correct some mistakes written in their invitation.
That means being educated.
That was the first thing I noticed and didn't like (but that's only my opinion), and there are some more...

I completely agree! But I do not agree with calling members of this forum vulgar names for no reason other than to be cruel. I am not referring to you ninocka. That person knows who they are and their post shows the proof. Like I said above, If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Having an international talent agency for about 10 years I saw too many situations when unexperienced performers got in a trap. And this "offer" smells like one of those situations. ;)

leila_yu

What I was referring to was: making sure when you post, not to be negative toward others in this forum. I have NEVER seen Maria to be anything but kind to others here. I admire her for her gracious heart and kind spirit and she has taught me a many things since I have applied to this forum. I am certain if anything was said, it just came out the wrong way or you perceived it the wrong way. Just be careful what you say about others and how it comes out. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. And...I am not referring to just you.

I am sorry bec you interpreted my words in wrong way...I admire to Maria Aya, I met her, fell in love with her dance and personality in Nile group seminar and then visited her school in Athens, and may say that she is warm and one of the kindest pesrsons I have ever met in the world of oriental dance...I was just making a joke to her posts bec she always mentions that she's bitchy...That's it..But, she is one of the dancers that I truly admire and respect..
And, regarding information about the competition, I don't know more than u do, I just said that I know that the girl from the poster is really a dancer (of what kind it's not on me to say..)...nothing more...and I will try to find her name and web site and put it here..
Regards Leila

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
I just said that I know that the girl from the poster is really a dancer (of what kind it's not on me to say..)...nothing more..

Hi Leila,
I don't think someone can tell if a dancer is good or bad by just taking a look at a dancer's photo. And I don't think someone here was trying to do so. I believe that this conversation isn't about dancers, but about people who want to arrange an exotic(erotic?) show by inviting dancers to an "Oriental dance competition".

Yshka

Recnadocir said:

lol Rico, that was exactly first thing that crossed my mind when reading about the brand name.. especially when the person who posted this thread didn't want to explain in what specific fields this brand would be marketed...:lol:

KuteNurse

I am sorry bec you interpreted my words in wrong way...I admire to Maria Aya, I met her, fell in love with her dance and personality in Nile group seminar and then visited her school in Athens, and may say that she is warm and one of the kindest pesrsons I have ever met in the world of oriental dance...I was just making a joke to her posts bec she always mentions that she's bitchy...That's it..But, she is one of the dancers that I truly admire and respect..
And, regarding information about the competition, I don't know more than u do, I just said that I know that the girl from the poster is really a dancer (of what kind it's not on me to say..)...nothing more...and I will try to find her name and web site and put it here..
Regards Leila

WHEW! lol I just had to defend her also because she is a great dancer and a nice person. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I hold no hard feelings. I will look forward to your posts in the future!

Suheir

Hi Leila,
I don't think someone can tell if a dancer is good or bad by just taking a look at a dancer's photo.
You can tell if someone's bad to some extent - I'm thinking of photos I've seen where a dancer is posing for a photo and her posture is awful. Floppy arms, collapsed rib-cages, abdominal slouch...seen 'em all!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell if someone's bad to some extent - I'm thinking of photos I've seen where a dancer is posing for a photo and her posture is awful. Floppy arms, collapsed rib-cages, abdominal slouch...seen 'em all!
That's true. However sometimes a bad picture means just a bad picture. :D I took a lot of Salome's photos. And on some of them (especially action shots) her posture looks ... not as good as on her other photos :lol: