Tahtib Sticks

Mouse

Does anyone have any idea where I could buy the tahtib sticks used by the male tahtib dancers? My son is requesting them and I have absolutely no idea where to get them from :confused:

Salome

Administrator
You might try contacting DaVid. I remember him mentioning on the forum that he was teaching a workshop in Tahtib so I bet he would have an idea where you might be able to pick them up.

Hi, I see you are in Australia. Uhm, lets see, I know you can get them in Egypt. I know you can get them from www.diamondpyramid.net here in the US.

Unfortunately, I have no resources on who would be supplying closer to Australia.

Mind you, there are different types of bamboo sticks and I recommend the dark varnished bamboo or the light light-weight bamboo.

Weight and thickness varies too.

Contact Diamond Pyramid and tell Emel that DaVid told you to contact them in regard to saiidi sticks for men without hooks. He'll know what you're talking about :)

DaVid

Mouse

Thank you very much! You guys are fantastic.

I have contacted them. I tend to import most of my things for dancing, so I don't mind shipping them in if they are willing/able.

My son is only 11 and not what I would call a big lad. Do you have any recommendations what size/thickness would be appropriate for him?

Lisa