Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand what you find funny

Post Thanks / Like

Default the sword

my wierd sense of humour...it was about the sword,being essential that its balanced....

sorry,my sense of humour is a little mad

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! I probably didn't express that very well did I? :o

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

I think we should just have a shimmy

*****miss shimmy has a shimmy around the thread****

he he he

amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:p

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be learning candles very soon - a lot sooner than I actually thought possible! - to be performed in November. The combination of me and fire should have a lot of people very worried... if there's a headline stating "Bellydancers killed in blaze", don't look at me. *shifty*

Post Thanks / Like
    My best props are cane and single veil (a distant second but improving). For some reason I found cane easiest to learn of the two, I had a teacher who taught cane every so often in class and for some reason I really connected with it.

My first teacher is a master at double veil and zills so I sould be good at these (thoughn it has been years sincee I studied with her). But at that time I was focussed on learning and practicing the movement techniques and learning the music and was not as interested in using props (I know zills/sagat are an instrument not a prop--but I find them intimidating lol!). When I decided I was ready to dance with a veil, I found I remembered a lot of what she taught as I obsessively practiced, it started coming back. That and Aziza's veil dvd helped.

I am interested in double veil, zills, shamadan or tray, sword and melaya. The teacher who taught cane also taught Melaya Leff ocasionally. I think I am going to focus on overcoming my zill/sagat intimidation issues first since I suspect that will help my dancing the most. Though I don't think I will perform with zills anytime soon.

I love it when I see people dancing well with a prop--I mean dancing not doing a bunch of parlor tricks (though that can also be fun to watch). I'm curious, How did you all decide which props you want to dance with?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a sword/cane girl! I love balancing things on my noggin. For some reason, even though I'm the clumsiest girl on the planet, I can balance things. Weird.
    I like veil, but it's not my forte. I always feel like I'm whipping it around.
    I'm working on my zills more. And we will be balncing open-flame fire trays in coming weeks. It's gonna be real hard for me to lay off the hairspray.
    FIRE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default being honest

well you know,I am dancing with zillz,single veil,and a cane (not all at once of course!!!he he he),and realy,I enjoy them all,they realy add depth and color to your dancing I think.

I am staying with those for now,you have all done realy well to learn all you learnt so far on your dance journeys,well done

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Junior Member Anan Maryam Ameera's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love dancing with a sabre. But I also like dancing with veils and I even learned to dance with large fans - it looks so great when you are dancing with them!

Post Thanks / Like

Inspired by my troupemates, I just bought a sword, and am eyeing off a set of isis wings. (any good DVDs out there for either?) I'm also waiting for my veil to arrive so I can practice with it... and maybe being silk it will miraculously stop getting tangled in my ponytail (which my teacher's veils do!!)!

I haven't touched my zils in ages, but I do find myself air-zilling to groovy rhythms.
    Last edited by gwinity; 12-08-2006 at 04:48 AM.