What do you dance with

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

do any of you dance with a sword,caine,snake,wings of Isis,veil?

I am quite tempted to try out the caine,I saw a lebanese girl dancing with the caine when I first gained interest to dance,and she realy blew me away,absalutely stunning.

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Maria_Aya

As I'm into Arabian Style of dancing:
Assaya (cane) for Saidi and Lebanese Assaya style.
Veil only at the entrance of a piece.
Melaya (type of veil) for Iskanderia

Maria Aya:)

Mouse

I love dancing with a sword. I haven't done too much of it yet though, just the one group performance. Veils are good, but definitely not my strongest point (I'm working on it though :) )

Gia al Qamar

I dance with zills, veil, double veil, cane, shamedan, sword and I am working on balancing a tray...not all in the same performance ;) !!!
Gia

Safran

I am finally getting a hold of spinning the cane properly and I love it. I also adore veils, but there are so many different kind, so there is a lot to learn still. I have been practising with zills as well, but as my left hand still manages to bring on a most horrible racket every now and then :p

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I dance with zills, veil, double veil, cane, shamedan, sword and I am working on balancing a tray...not all in the same performance ;) !!!
Gia
Gia and I share similar interests. I could have written that, except I don't do sword, but I'm working on doing all this in the same performance! Just kidding about the latter!

samira shuruk

I use sagat/zills, veil/double veil, cane, sword, shemadan, candles (votives) and am working on candle tray.

All in a 2.5 minute solo while on rollerblades. (just kidding!)

Alaya

I love to dance with the veil. It is wonderfull. I always wanted to try dance with the sword but i have found only 1 teacher in my country who is teasching and she is on the other part of Poland. Oh well. Mayby some workshops? Love, Alaya

Ya_Assal

I love to dance with veils, canes & swords. I have often used zills but am not a big fan as it is one of the props I just can't seem to handle (I have arthritis in my figers so I avoide it as much as possible), but I do admits I love a good dancer who can use the zills... possibly since I am so inept at it.

Assal

gwinity

Single and double veils, and zills (although I'm not very good at them). My teacher is also rather good at sword and cane, so I'm looking forward to picking them up, too.

Shanazel

Gia

Oh, c'mon, Gia, don't be chicken!;)

I like my veil. I hate to dance with zils. I didn't use to like the cane dances, but find myself intrigued by them now. Once upon a time, I saw someone do a very stately dance, her only accompaniment being the sound she made by tapping her ring against a brass candle holder lit with a single candle.

Salome

Administrator
In my dance journey - zills, veil, sword, cane, shemadan, and goblets. But what I currently use are zills, never go anywhere without em, my goblets and a silk veil.

miss_shimmy

wow

wow,to be able to use so many things to make your dance more exiting and beautiful..

what was your very first prop?

I think mine will be either a veil or a cane....:)

smiles

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxx

Aaeesha

I dance with the cane, zills, and shamadan. I've danced with other props in the past, but those are my favs.

Status
Not open for further replies.