Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done 15 presentations more or less between last year and this one with a group and I don't get tired of doing them! It's a wonderfull feeling you have when performing in theaters. I also performed in a restaurant once and they are so different things that the fellings are also really different, both great!!

I always pass through different phases when having to perform in a theather, first you arrive there and you feel that time is out and you have to make up yourselve and dress in a few minutes although perhaps there is more than one hour missing for the presentation :P
    Then you get eager to be on stage!! you cannot wait a single minute!.. But when the moment arrive and you are about to do the presentation I tend to fell really nervous!:S but it finishes when I go out there and perform where I fell to be in another world!
    After the presentation it's like you are still in that other world and you don't want to go back down here :P. It's sooooooo wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like

At this point I can pretty much sleep walk through a performance. In fact in England last summer I was dozing in my dressing room a half hour before the show. The producer's assistant looked in and asked if I was nervous. Right. Do I look nervous?

The only time I'm nervous is when I'm sitting in the house watching others dance my choreography. Probably because I have absolutely no control over the situation at that point.

But I understand that some other performers get nervous, even seasoned ones. One can try affirmations, such as: "the audience are my friends," or "the audience is here for me, they want me to succeed, etc.," or my personal favorite, "I am an Olympian God, and you (the audience) are my pathetic slaves. Regardless, I shall now deign to allow you to worship me."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Recnadocir View Post
    One can try affirmations, such as: "the audience are my friends," or "the audience is here for me, they want me to succeed, etc.," or my personal favorite, "I am an Olympian God, and you (the audience) are my pathetic slaves. Regardless, I shall now deign to allow you to worship me."
    Love it!! LMAO!

Post Thanks / Like

If only I had a glimmer of your confidence, Rcnodocir!
    A friend and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago. I call it the "Zen Bubble"
    I get really nervous just like five minutes before I go on. And then, it's like a curtain drops in my spirit. As soon as my music starts, I'm in this altered state and I feel like I'm alone, dancing through space, and totally engulfed in the music.

The nerves go. The concentration goes, the moves just "happen". It's all at once the strangest, most beautiful thing I've ever experienced. I would say it's transcendence.

The only problem is, that I am not connected to the audience, and that needs to change. According to my teacher, I look nervous. I really don't "feel" nervous, believe it or not, but I forget to smile, make eye contact, etc, which comes off as nerves.

I think I need to have an alter ego, like Beyonce< (heard her talking about this on Oprah, cause she's shy like me, too), and that really helps her become this larger than life persona who can handle the stage fright and channel the adrenaline. I want to be that performer who people can't take their eyes off of. I have seen this - with Jillina, with my friends Yasmine, and Haneen, and with a dancer names Zaheea. It's pretty rare. I don;t know if it's that their choreography is so tight, or their attitude. But I need it!

Post Thanks / Like

I perform Ballet since I was six, And my father is a musican and a fakir, so I'm kind of grown up with it, so I feel great when i perform

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12