Invisible Mode

Yshka

Hi everyone. I was wondering, what's the deal with the "invisible mode"? Some members have a green spot that says they're online, but some also have a red spot that says they're "invisible". Then why can I still see them when I log on here?

What is this option about? I'd like to know what it does.

KuteNurse

I think some people wish not to communicate with others. Why, I don't know because this is a forum. Salome knows more about this...There was a previous post about it a couple of months back, I have not seen that thread for a while now.

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
Members of the forum can use the "invisible mode", so other members don't see that these members are online. Don't ask me why some users use the "invisible mode" - it's a mistery for me. However moderators (including you Yshka) still can see such members, that's why you see a red spot that says they're "invisible". :D

Gabi

There are those moments (for me) when I have just made an arse of myself and wish to be unseen :lol:

Yshka

Why thank you Anatoliy, and others. I understand now. I didn't know moderators only could see it. I though something was not quite working correctly (because I could see people marked as "invisible").

Thanks for explaining!:)

Azeeza

Awwww! I put myself on "invisible mode" to see what happened and I could still see myself at the bottom with little stars around my name, so I figured everyone else could see me too.

Now I know that only moderators and administrators can see anyone who is "invisible" and no one else.

Interesting... :think:

Azeeza

Azeeza

Is the invisible option mode gone now?

I don't see little astriks around my name and I haven't taken myself off invisible mode.

Curious,

Azeeza

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
That's me :D I changed the system configuration. Moderators can't use the invisible mode.

Azeeza

Anatoily:

I see Kharmine has the little astrik next to her name. Is she invisible? She's a moderator, isn't she? Is the astrik for a new status besides invisible? Sorry for all the questions.

Azeeza

slinks

Anatoliy, I was curious, so went into my profile .. where is this invisible option ? Not that I want to be invisible, I couldn't careless but was curious ..

Edited :::: but do you show up as guest ..

Last edited:

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
User CP -> Edit Options -> Use Invisible Mode
Don't forget to scroll down and click the "Save Changes" button.

slinks

ah, I see up there on the top bar :) thanks !!! I could see lots of other stuff that I never new was there too ...

slinks

hey and I just saw that I can delete any picture that I uploaded !!! woo hoo now I know where to go if I put the pic in the wrong thread like I did before !! Because when you do it in the post and manage attatchments you can only delete one pic the rest stay there !! but with this user CP you can delete anything you did :) clever ain't I .... hahahahahaha

Yeah that was so cool .. I fixed my blunder :-D

Last edited:

LLAIMA

hi Every One,

Does Anybody Know How To Be Invisible In Terms To The Internet:

Let Me Explain:

I Use My Own Identity, This Is My Real Name, And Pic.

When I Google My Name And Last Name My Posts At This Web-site Come Up, Does The Invisible Option Help For This Not To Happen?
I Don't Mind For Belly Dancers To See What I Write, But I Prefer That Anyone That Googles My Name Does Not See What I Post Here.
. For Various Reasons I Wanted To Keep A Low Profile And Did Not Realize That I Should Have Used A Name Other Than Mine, Duh.

Last edited:

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi Llaima.
No, the invisible mode here is just so that you can be logged on the forum without other members knowing it. I guess you could ask for a name change from the administrators. Then I think all your previous posts change username as well (I think). Don't know if you can change username yourself or have to get the admins to do it for you. I've been thinking of the same thing as I'm also using my real name and feel as I would like to be more private.

LLAIMA

Hi Llaima.
No, the invisible mode here is just so that you can be logged on the forum without other members knowing it. I guess you could ask for a name change from the administrators. Then I think all your previous posts change username as well (I think). Don't know if you can change username yourself or have to get the admins to do it for you. I've been thinking of the same thing as I'm also using my real name and feel as I would like to be more private.

Thanks Gisela...I'm glad I'm not the only one, that thinks this way, well you know how us Scorpios are...a little bit misterious.:cool: