Video clip of Jamil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamil

hmmm

thankyou salome!
i just realised my clip was posted on here right now... it took me a while to realise that ther wasnt another jamil in sydney? lol :p

excuse this clip though... my arm work was terrible in it and i have since gotten rid of the bit where i go down on the floor and do that stupid shoulder bit! lol
this however is not choerographed at all, its pure improv. (im sure u can see that when the song blunders in the middle and i look totally lost!)

-Jamil-

Aisha Azar

Jamil

Dear Jamil,
Nice hip work, but what really impresses me is the relaxed upper body. And I thought your shoulder work was very good. Very much in the spirit of Debke. My dance company sponsored a wonderful Palestiniasn Debke dancer a couple of years ago and you work reminds me of him a little bit during this section of your dance. He is the director of a Palestinian dance group here in the states, called Jaffra. Do you Debke?
Regards,
A'isha

Jamil

thanx

thanx for the comments guys...
not necessary, but always welcome.
as part of my training i have incorporated an amalgamatoion of many dance styles. it is not evident from this little clip, but i have undergone dubki and saidi training for my as part of my style. not only does this look classy on a male bellydancer i belive, but it maintains a masculine image. my opinion ofcorse.

thankyou for your kind comments... was having a bad day, and u cheered me up! lol

-Jamil-

Safran

Great clip Jamil! The video was also mentioned on the online forum of the studio I used to dance at and believe me, there are a lot of women there jealous of your hipwork!!!

chryssanthi sahar

I really loved your video clip Jamil:) I had seen it on the Greek forum some time ago (Maria posted there. Who else?) and I had written also there some very positive comments. Your shimmies are great and your entire dance is fluent and natural. And sexy;) The only thing you should maybe work a little bit more on, are your hands. Otherwise...perfect! (for me). I'm glad, I can tell you directly my opinion about your dancing.

Happy dancing

Tarik Sultan

If I didn't say it before, I really enjoyed your clip. when ya putting up another one?

Glad to see that these's such a good male dancer out there and of Arabic descent at that. You have no idea how much it helps to elevate and expand our art to have good dancers out there, especially one who can say this is MY culture and its NOT some tits and feathers dance.

Keep rocking

Jamil

thanx 4 the Great replies guys!
havent logged in here atm!

as for my next clip, its quite difficult because not many concerts are held here in Sydney...
and i feel a bit odd filming at weddings and my resturant gigs...
but i assure u, when new footage comes out n about! ill let the tribe know! ;)

Shanazel

Very nice, indeed. Don't know what else I'd call it but belly dance, either. Oh, lord, someone catch Zorba and Tarik- I think they've fainted.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Very nice! I notice that your hipwork has a similar "quality" to mine - no doubt the narrow male hip structure. I didn't think the kneeling shoulder work was goofy or silly at all. Yea, there are a few places where your arms could be better - but isn't that the case with most of us? It certainly is with me.

You go dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.