Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Masked male

Post Thanks / Like

Erm, I'm not so into bellydance where the bellydancer puts his head under his knee and hops around like that... I mean I recognize that contortionism is an art, but as far as I know, it's not part of a turkish dance...

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say, I'm not big on the mask myself. It makes me think too much of Pulp Fiction.

"Where's the Gimp?"
    "Gimp's sleepin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I dont mind the mask, I even think it is nice, its the bra-like top is what I dont like...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

First thoughts on reading this thread, is yes, a mask does help focus on the movement, the facial features obscured, but on watching the video, the thought was, what the hell has he got on his head, and I found I was trying to focus on the mask, to see what it was, and ignored his movement.

I am not fussed either way about masks, but if one is to be masked, please make it something interesting, what he wore I thought to be positively grotesque.

Post Thanks / Like

Mask is creepy! I'm not fond of clowns either- they rank right up there with spiders. Men in bra tops are also climbing the list...

Entertainer- yes. Artist- not so much. I think the mask was part of the tension/creepy/entertainment factor.

As an aside: There seems to be way too much emphasis on technique in a lot of dance forms. Technichque is a means to an end, not the end itself. The end goal of any art dance is emotional expression. P!ssy mood bad day (sorry) will go to bed now. Better tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Mask is creepy! I'm not fond of clowns either- they rank right up there with spiders. Men in bra tops are also climbing the list...
    GAH! I flippin' hate hate HATE clowns! They should be banished from the face of the Earth, really! My fear actually showed to one about a year ago down on Hollywood and Highland, and the freak ran after me until one of my friends got between us.

Sorry, back to the talking about the mask...

Post Thanks / Like

Support group for Belly Dancers who hate clowns now open for new members

Rival group: Belly Dance Clown Fusion Dancers
    Last edited by Jane; 07-24-2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: more!

Post Thanks / Like

ROFLMAO!!! Loves it! Can we do terrible things to them, like you know, setting fire to the building while they're locked inside to thus rid the world of more clowns?

Post Thanks / Like

When people do something theatrical or different with dance... or even just use a prop of some sort, I look for the way in which it is used and what is being communicated (not a story of some sort).

What was the purpose of the mask, did it fit the music or dance, was it Halloween?? WHAT WAS IT!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234