Hello!

orlea

Hi, everyone!

I just joined the forum today and wanted to say hello.

I live in Lincoln in the UK - this a small(ish) town in Lincolnshire, in the wilds of the East Midlands.

We have no professional belly dance teachers in the County and after almost ten years of desperately hoping that a belly queen would miraculously move here and set up a dance studio, I have finally resorted to trying to teach myself from DVD's!!

I have only been going for a couple of weeks and really have no idea what i'm doing - still, at least i'm getting some exercise!!

Any and all suggestions regarding good instructional dvd's, books, music, practice, etc., would be very gratefully received.

I'm looking forward to chatting and posting.

Orlea

KuteNurse

Hiya Orlea and welcome!

I am pretty new too. I am sorry there are no classes around you. I have been learning from Delilah's workshop. She is pretty good to learn from. I just had my first class. I would pay close attention to all details when watching dvd's and watch yourself closely in the mirror. Don't get frustrated if you can't do all the moves. Just practice a few at a time until you get them really well, then move on. Good luck and happy posting.

belly taz

hi there welcome to the forum...its a shame that there are no classes in your area im sure that you will have one soon its so popular may be i can find some for you and mail them too you:D

orlea

Thanks everyone...

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome and for the advice.

It's nice to know i'm not the only one trying to learn just from dvd's!

Belly Taz- I would really appreciate if you could let me know if you hear of any classes, etc.

Orlea xxx

Yshka

Hi Orlea,

welcome to the forum. Happy reading and posting. Studying from dvds untill you find a live teacher can also be good.
I don't know much about dvds that are good, but have heard a lot about Jillina's instructional dvds (Jillina of bellydance superstars)

Good luck and see you around!:)

Maria_Aya

Welcome Orlea !!!
Enjoy reading and posting
Till you find a teacher near you, DVD's are a good idea

Maria Aya Greece