I want to commit a bellydance sin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhad

OK, I admit it...I Looooove a particular song by Flogging Molly that has a very Middle Eastern melody line to it; the song is about pirates and I can't help but dance when I hear it!

I wanna do a performance to this song!!!! But not in a ME restaurant, just at a student night performance in the local mexican restaurant.

Just had to get that off my chest...cuz otherwise I might just have to do something to Junk in the Trunk (My Humps) by the Black Eye Peas. Anybody else feel a compulsion to just go to town on that song?

Lydia

Go for it ,specialy when you do it not in a med. place...have fun enjoy!!but let the music not put you in another style stick to your thing ,and dont make it the only music you use ,so people dont get the wrong impres. about you and think that you dont know what you are doing ......have fun....sin???? hahaha no way!!have a super show,lydia

Babylonia

I often practice moves to rock music. As long as you lable this dance inspired by or experimental or something like that so people don't think it's authentic I don't see a problem at all. Have fun and good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes.

miss_shimmy

just do it!!

wow i think that will be awesome,I too think you should do it:)

let us know how you go:)

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:p

Maria_Aya

If you do it in a personal way its ok;)

Confesting a bellydance sin:
I use in my teaching class, after the warmup (that last 15 min) (in a 2 hour class) from Prodigy "Smack my bitch up" for hipdrops :rolleyes: and at the end of the cool down Scorpions "Wind of Change" :cool:

Maria Aya dont shoot meeeeeeeeeeeee

Suhad

I use in my teaching class, after the warmup (that last 15 min) (in a 2 hour class) from Prodigy "Smack my bitch up" for hipdrops :rolleyes:
Maria Aya dont shoot meeeeeeeeeeeee

OMG!!! LMAO!! That's awesome! OK, now I don't feel quite so sinful.

And yes, this song would be part of a routine lasting about 7 minutes, and the only non - ME song I would be using.

Shanazel

Maria, I am shocked- SHOCKED!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Excuse me while I go lay down and close my eyes until I recover. WIll someone please find my sal votile?

Maria_Aya

Dear Shanazel, the fisrt time i heard a tabla piece was at a rave party !!!! I was hooked, for me arabian music, always will be rock

xoxoxo

Mariyam

I use in my teaching class, after the warmup (that last 15 min) (in a 2 hour class) from Prodigy "Smack my bitch up" for hipdrops and at the end of the cool down Scorpions "Wind of Change"

Bahahahaha that's a good one :p Never saw the bellydance potential in Prodigy, but now that you mention is "Firestarter" would be great for shimmying... ;)

My own sin is that whenever I hear a song that is very "danceable" (in the broad sense of the term, not just bellydance) I cannot dance in any other way than with bellydance moves :rolleyes: Well, it's not exactly a sin, right? It's just that I am dance-challenged and cannot get bellydance out of my body, right? :cool:

Amulya

OK, I admit it...I Looooove a particular song by Flogging Molly that has a very Middle Eastern melody line to it; the song is about pirates and I can't help but dance when I hear it!

I wanna do a performance to this song!!!! But not in a ME restaurant, just at a student night performance in the local mexican restaurant.

Just had to get that off my chest...cuz otherwise I might just have to do something to Junk in the Trunk (My Humps) by the Black Eye Peas. Anybody else feel a compulsion to just go to town on that song?

Someone on Bhuz wanted to dance in a camel costume to My Humps, that would be sooooo funny!

Pirate belly dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFbGY972Xc&search=lord admiral

miss_shimmy

yes

My own sin is that whenever I hear a song that is very "danceable" (in the broad sense of the term, not just bellydance) I cannot dance in any other way than with bellydance moves Well, it's not exactly a sin, right? It's just that I am dance-challenged and cannot get bellydance out of my body, right?

same for me!!isnt it great!:)

amanda
xxxxxxxxxx

Yshka

Originally Posted by Aaeesha:
Oooh. Ditto. I cannot *not* bellydance. Completely forgot how to just dance years ago.

Me too! It's like, I think of bellydance moves in everything I hear, even when there's no music:D I love it lol.

hepkitten

Flogging Molly!

I know EXACTLY which song you are talking about.... "Another Bag of Bricks", right?
I've practiced to that before and was always too chicken to choreograph "for real" to it. My teacher is a bit of a traditionalist and if I ever performed it it would have to be in secret....

I always thought that son would be fantastic to work with though. You should go for it! Let us know how it goes.....
Unlike most modern punkish/ska/irish/pirate rock....I would admit it has strong mid-eastern undertones.

The guys from FM would be mighty flattered....and I'll tell Matt Hensley next time I see him there are bellydancers out there choreographing to the music. He'd be tickled.

Suhad

Yep -- that be da song! I also like the earlier one on that CD that's more of a sea chanty type of song, and have had some rocking drills to that one as well.

Looove that song!

Status
Not open for further replies.