Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chest Slides

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenician View Post
    when my students have problems isolating rib or chest slides,
    I get them to kneel but sitting on their heels on the floor so their hips don't move
    after about 10 repetitions, I have them lift up in a kneeling (praying) position and do another few repetitions

kutenurse this is only in theory, i'm not in a place to try this out just yet but have you considered doing what phoenician suggests. instead of using weights to brace your arms move into a doorway. place your hands on the door jam and try to slide your chest on an imaginary rail towards the left side, then back to center, repeat reps. then do the right side and then alternating sides.

i use this technique-standing rather than kneeling in the doorway- to brace my upper body as i twist my waist. i am preparing for a wider range of motion with my washing machine shimmy.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG...You just told me what I discovered! I was standing in the doorway talking with y husband practicing chest slides and I discovered it works! lol HOwever, I still can't do them not holding onto anything. I will keep practicing and hopefully that will train those muscles to slide the chest...Thanks hon and welcome back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orlea View Post
    Hi,

I doubt it's an approved technique , but I found that putting my hands on my ribcage and actually physically moving my ribcage from side to side helped me to understand which muscles I needed to use and what it should feel like.

Orlea x
    That was pretty much how I got it, and got other various isolations too. If I could simulate the movement to figure out where it came from, I could try to teach my muscles where to contract and where to stretch

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...I will try that too and just not telling anyone! Shhhhh...KUTENURSE is not using her hands to guide her chest slide! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12