Just joined you Newbies.

Wiggly

Hi
I have just joined the forum. New to all this and fairly new to belly dancing too. So just thought I would introduce myself.
I'm from England, busy Mum etc and have recently found the delights of Belly dancing, always wanted to do it but only just found the courage to go on my own and try it. WOW! What fun it is, isn't it. Feel abit like a kid again. Dressing up having a giggle as well as dancing( new to that too), never been much of a dancer, always thought I had two left feet and was too heavy for it. Amazing ly I can do it, although I still struggle to remember the sequence and put it to music and keep in time.
Would like to keep in touch with other dancers new to it, so please get in touch.

KuteNurse

I am in the same boat....New...I have only had 2 official classes and I love it. I practiced before from DVD'ss and I have to admit it did help learning basic moves and the names of the moves before class. Welcome to the forum and Happy posting. It is too nice outside to hang around, but I will look up your posts...Have a great day.

Wiggly

Hi, nice to meet you.
I did the same thing, so at least I had some idea of what was going on.
I have done about ten weeks worth and have learnt some dances (well supposed to have but struggle to do them on my own).
Our teacher is wonderful, she stays with you until she thinks you've got it. I'm glad to say, I don't normally need to much of that. Although I did think I had two left feet at first.
Do you find that if you think about what you are doing you lose it?
It's 17.35pm here and still nice outside so we've had tea and are going to go out for a walk with the children and sit down and have a drink somewhere.
So bye for now and will keep an eye out for you too.
It's nice to have found a site with fellow new belly dancers who I can chat with.
Not many people around where I live Belly dance so I have no one to chat with about it.:dance: :dance:

KuteNurse

Great! I think I get so stressed trying to learn the moves that I goof up. I have to learn to relax because it is for fun afterall. Then just concentrate on what I am doing. That will be my goal for this week. Now that the first couple of classes are over, I can concentrate on skill. My teacher even gave us a DVD to watch and practice from with some basic moves on it. I even bought a ticket for an upcoming BD show that I am excited to see. I think I will drag my husband to a local coffee shop with me to get a tea...lol Have a nice day.

belly taz

welcome to the forum

Maria_Aya

Welcome Wiggly in this wonderfull forum
Bellydance can take your life over so stay focus also to you babe !!!
Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya:)

Wiggly

Hello

Thank you Maria Aya
I do get carried away if I let myself with costumes ideas, trying to master a dance, enthusing over it, etc.
I have enjoyed this site so far and hope to for a long time to come.
How long have you been dancing, if you don't mind me asking?
Wiggly.
Sorry if I sound a bit dense but I didn't quite understand the 'bhus wiggle' post, could you clarify? Thank you:think: