Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dancer's Arms

Post Thanks / Like

WHat is Delsartre Theory??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reen.Blom View Post
    WHat is Delsartre Theory??
    posture/movement to convey emotion, there are exercises and i think imagery that can help you develop better expression. dont know what all it consists of. found a site but did not read:

delsarte project history

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    Here's a thing I just figured out:
    In my "studio" (ie basement) The ceiling is a little low, so when I practice in heels, if my arms are over my head, my hands hit the ceiling. I guess over time I adjusted to this by bringing my hands closer to my head. I caught myself in the mirror in class last night with the WEIRDEST hand/arm position -- now I have to unlearn THAT bad habit!
    I sort of have the same thing... At some point a friend of mine started turning my attention to how crooked my hands are when I dance. I've always thought my hands are a quite ok, so it was such a mystery to me how this had happened... But, I moved and started taking classes in a place which had less space than I was used to. And I remember how in most of my classes I was afraid that I'd smack someone while spinning or stretching, so this is probably how it happened. I am also on the road of unlearning it now...

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    posture/movement to convey emotion, there are exercises and i think imagery that can help you develop better expression. dont know what all it consists of. found a site but did not read:

delsarte project history
    Wow that sounds sooo interesting! will have to search on Google more!

Post Thanks / Like

i know i wish someone who knew more could tell us more about it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    i know i wish someone who knew more could tell us more about it...
    Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

crickets...

Post Thanks / Like

Girls...Im a dude, or otherwise non as protector of the harem, even I know how to do snake arms. You see...when the sultan is away, I do practice. Of course I wouln't do it public, expect in the present of the cleaning lady, who I am trying so much to convert.

From shoulder ...to elbow ...to wrist..to finger tips....repeat. Thats all it is. Yourt arm is a piece of rubber. Waves like water ...or a wave. Its all in your mind.

Post Thanks / Like

oh silly boy there is more to arms than snake arms.

no i got the snake arms, its transitioning arms/the most graceful way to accomplish movement between moves that needs more attention.

its the nile, and the falling leaf, and the waterfall and arm moves i do not yet know...that i would like more guidance with.

though i must say this past two weeks i have gotten the method of "picking up silk and gently releasing it"- neena and veena.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like working on my finger movements also. I have been doing it in the car whenever possible. (Addict) lol I think I am going to try out my new zills tonight while I am doing laundry. I have a hard time with snake arms because my arms get tired and sore from holding them up. Does anyone have suggestions on how to strengthen your arms so they do not get tired?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast